PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Players: Caelestia, a 5E Open World.

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 03:29
So I purchased Realmworks and got carried away building a world and now I have a ton of NPC's, plots and adventure locations to explore. I wrote the setting for my home group (they been playing it for about a month now) but its huge, so I thought I would open it up to Fantasy Grounds too.

It will run a bit differently from my usual home campaigns. I want to get a pool of players together and then I will post up adventures/quests etc. and people can join up if it suits them. The sessions will vary in length, ranging from one shots to quests that will last a number of weeks. We will be using the downtime rules, so you'll be able to do things in between sessions. I aim to make it as much of a living, breathing world as possible and I'll try to run sessions based on what your character wants to do.

Playing it this way might not suit everyone. Expect it to go slowly and you probably won't get regular sessions. On saying that, I have a lot of stuff ready to go and should be able to run sessions fairly regularly.

I am at GMT London Time (currently +1 for British Summer Time) and most sessions will run daytime/evening my time. There is no fixed day. I will mostly use teamspeak but might do text games as well if there is interest.

The setting is fairly low fantasy but with high fantasy beneath the surface. We will be using just the Players Handbook and you can use either the stat array or point buy (27 points).

New players to Fantasy Grounds or to D&D are welcome. All I ask is that you play to make it a fun for everyone.

Anyway, if anyone is brave enough to explore the contents of my fevered mind, let me know and we can get your character and background set up.

I have tried to keep this short, so if you have any questions just let me know.

Nickademus
May 4th, 2015, 04:13
I like the idea, but I'll have trouble making it to one of the sessions due to the time zone difference. I'm thinking a Tuesday slot might be possible. It depends on exactly how the slots fall.

CthulhuHalo
May 4th, 2015, 04:13
This is something I'd be interested in, but I'm not sure how well everything would fit in my schedule of sundays, mondays and tuesdays... First off, when do you think you'd be starting? If it's sometime soon, then I may not be able to join anything on tuesdays or sundays. If it'd be in a couple months, my tuesdays might open up a little but I'd have less time on mondays... Secondly, you referenced a 'Players' Handbook', which is something I don't have... is it required? Thirdly, what exactly is Stat Array? Is that where you roll your stats? That's about all I have in terms of questions for now, but I may have more later on.

EDIT: Hey again, Nick. XD

keeperofsouls
May 4th, 2015, 04:32
Stat array is the 15,14,13,12,10,8 stats. I like the idea I want to be a merc that people can hire to go with for a share in the profits.

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 04:41
Yeah, US folks might struggle with the time difference unfortunately. If you spot a session that suits you, you can just sign up with a 1st level character.
Ideally, I just want to see if there is enough interest to make it fly.
Sunday and Tuesday are definitely days I plan to run games on, so if you can do evening GMT ( US afternoon) you'll likely get games.
Cthulhuhalo - the players handbook is the D&D 5E handbook and the stat array/points buy are use to generate your ability scores but dont worry if you aren't familiar with 5e character creation. We can sort you out.

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 04:44
Sounds like a good idea keeper of souls. Send me over an XML if you like.
If I can get enough players together in time, I will run a session this Wednesday evening GMT

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 04:45
*wednesday

Nickademus
May 4th, 2015, 05:10
Do you have any player info about the world for character creation? I can make a generic character (fighter actually looked interesting in this edition), but I prefer to have some anchor to the game world.

jshauber
May 4th, 2015, 15:44
I "should" be able to do some US Sunday afternoons.

Put me on the list of potential players occasionally if times match up correctly.

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 18:20
Great. I think I have enough interest to get things started.
I will put together a group to pull it all together and have a place for realm info and rumours etc.

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 18:21
Great. I think I have enough interest to get things started.
I will put together a group to pull it all together and have a place for realm info and rumours etc.

CthulhuHalo
May 4th, 2015, 19:38
Well, I'll likely join every so often at least. Let me know once you have everything you need set up, I guess. This really seems like something I would like to be a part of. I just hope this Players' Handbook isn't required, because I don't have one and I don't have a way to get one around here.

Skellan
May 4th, 2015, 19:52
Great :)
Yeah, I have had a good response so far. I should have the group up and running tonight.

Dekorume
May 4th, 2015, 20:29
Please add me to your list of potential players. I am Pacific Time, but hey, it for D&D

As always,

Dek

NaomiLynn
May 6th, 2015, 05:04
im down to give it a shot, havent read up on anything for 5e yet but i would love to get in on something more permanent with a set group, instead of how PFS is set up.

SoldierOfMisfortune
May 6th, 2015, 05:27
I dont see it in the Calendar? have 4 premade stat array characters made up and i am ready to go. I would like to play my Investigative Rouge Guild Merchant that i made up recently.

LordSerpentus
May 6th, 2015, 06:22
would love to get involved my schedule is very dynamic and hectic so this may work for me.

Skellan
May 9th, 2015, 01:51
The new players here should have had pm from me. Let me know if I missed you. There's still room for more players...

NaomiLynn
May 9th, 2015, 02:13
you never replied to my last pm skellan?

Skellan
May 9th, 2015, 02:22
Oops, sorry. I will go reply now

CthulhuHalo
May 9th, 2015, 06:44
The new players here should have had pm from me. Let me know if I missed you. There's still room for more players...

I didn't get a PM, if you were sending me one. Still interested in this campaign.

Scuro
May 9th, 2015, 07:41
I'm up for it if you want more players, I'm free Saturdays, Fridays, Thursday after 7pm, Wednesday after 8pm, Tuesday after 7pm, Monday, Sunday after 7pm.... feel like i made that list backwards. those times are in your timezone. I'm quite experienced in 5e, I mostly dm though so I would like to play.

PooRsapper
May 9th, 2015, 13:50
I would be interested in join. I am new to 5E and just recently got Ultimate FG. I am in CST so would like to look and talk over some of your slots and times.
I have started building a dwarf cleric and would like to move foward with him.