PDA

View Full Version : DM - Combat Tracker - track NPC Dying/Death

cshaner
May 3rd, 2015, 21:28
I have looked at several combat videos and attempted to search forums and have not found an answer.

As DM, how do I tell in my Combat Tracker that the NPC's are dying or dead. I have my auto roll for death option set to on but don't see where that roll is recorded or even made. There also is nothing visual other than the wound number being equal to the HP number to indicate that an NPC is down.

I see messages in the chat window that say dead, dying when the PC's roll damage, and they tell me they can see in their combat tracker that the NPC is dying, but I cannot see anything special that indicates dying or death for the NPCs.

I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds, having only had the software for about a week. I like it, but the learning curve is pretty steep and though I've watched a bunch of videos, including the ones here on FG site and some on YouTube, any additional videos you want to link to help a new DM would be great!

Thanks.

Griogre
May 3rd, 2015, 22:49
In 5E NPCs/monsters die at 0 hp so there is not any reason for them to make death saves - so nothing is rolled for them.

damned
May 3rd, 2015, 23:10
Welcome cshaner! The curve can be steep but also remember you dont have to learn everything before you start. Get a handle on the basics - setting up encounters, targeting, rolling attacks from the combat tracker and attacks and saves from the character sheets and then keep learning together with your players as you go :)

cshaner
May 3rd, 2015, 23:22
Fantastic! Thank you both for the responses.

Larac
May 4th, 2015, 01:38
Also when they die on the far right in the CT will be a button to let you clear them quickly.