PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tester or Testers for new 5e Campaign

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 18:22
I'd love to get feedback from some people as I create my first 5e Campaign based on a source Module called "Blackstone Tomb". If someone has a little time to spare let me know. I want to test my connection, the structure of my campaign, and methods of role-playing. We will not go through too much of the campaign so anyone that helps can also play the finished version as long as they don't share any spoilers they get from testing.

About me:
1. Payed D&D over the years, but not for a while
2. New to DM'ing. I did a 3.5 PnP campaign that went pretty well, but I'm no expert.
3. Very excited about the technology in Fantasy Grounds. Would like to become active both playing and DM'ing
4. I've spent about 20 hours building just the first 2 chapters of my campaign. I'm learning about all the 5e rules and think by the time I finish building the campaign I should be pretty good to DM.

Thanks in advance! If I should post this elsewhere please let me know.

Adam

Mr. Phoenix
May 3rd, 2015, 18:37
i'm game, just let me know when.

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 18:45
i'm game, just let me know when.

Hey Mr. Phoenix. I just sent you a private message. Thanks for your interest in helping! I'd still like more testers if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
Adam

fswa
May 3rd, 2015, 19:22
I would be interested. Give me some more info.

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 19:34
I would be interested. Give me some more info.

I just sent you a private message. Thanks for your interest!

Adam

CthulhuHalo
May 3rd, 2015, 20:47
I'd join if I knew when it was. Today and tomorrow I'm busy, but on Tuesday (day after tomorrow) I can join as long as this test session ends before 4:30 PM US Eastern time.

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 21:29
I'd join if I knew when it was. Today and tomorrow I'm busy, but on Tuesday (day after tomorrow) I can join as long as this test session ends before 4:30 PM US Eastern time.

I'm working on getting the connection issues fixed. As of this moment I can only connect to campaign through localhost. I'll let you know. 3:30pm (2:30 my time) Tuesday might work for a short intro. Open any other times?

Doc_Jones
May 3rd, 2015, 21:33
More than likely it's the port forwarding. It seems daunting, but the fix itself is relatively easy. Just do a google search for fantasy grounds port forward and you'll get the specifics for which port, and a couple other links that should get you there. Once you set it up, it will work from that point forward.

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 21:48
More than likely it's the port forwarding. It seems daunting, but the fix itself is relatively easy. Just do a google search for fantasy grounds port forward and you'll get the specifics for which port, and a couple other links that should get you there. Once you set it up, it will work from that point forward.

I know the port is open. I went to ismyportopen.com and it was. I'll look into port forwarding now. Thanks.

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 22:18
I know the port is open. I went to ismyportopen.com and it was. I'll look into port forwarding now. Thanks.

Ok, everthing is working with the connection. Just had someone log in.
Let me know who is able to help test. When is a good time?

Nickademus
May 4th, 2015, 01:20
My game was canceled tonight. I can help with things, but I'm rather new to 5e. Send me a pm.

CthulhuHalo
May 4th, 2015, 04:02
Ok, everthing is working with the connection. Just had someone log in.
Let me know who is able to help test. When is a good time?

Yeah, 3:30 would work for me on tuesday, gives me about an hour total to help test this, maybe two if I can manage a little extra time. Also, hey Nick. XD

R&D Adventures
May 4th, 2015, 18:43
Hi Adam,
We appreciate the positive comments and rating you posted on DriveThruRPG. If you'd like to get in touch with us about your online adventure please feel free to contact us anytime.
Thanks again! R&D

CthulhuHalo
May 5th, 2015, 15:57
Uhm, if you could PM me the details to connect and such, if all this is ready, I'll log on and get to work on my character, I suppose? I know I'm probably a little early, but I like to get started quickly.

Doc_Jones
May 5th, 2015, 19:28
I am home all day today, but I have weekday evenings available on any day but tuesday (pacific time zone) after about 5:30pm. If you're doing a wednesday game that matches up with that time I'd be up to playing.

CthulhuHalo
May 5th, 2015, 19:33
I'm going to assume that by Tuesday, you didn't mean today, since it's already 2:30 and I haven't been given the connection info. Or you forgot. Well, that gets rid of a little stress, but I was looking forward to this being soon. :/ Oh well, still have Heroes' Path.

Doc_Jones
May 6th, 2015, 00:00
I'm not the one running the test :-)

killerdude78
May 6th, 2015, 00:04
if you dom't mind having a nub along for the ride im game and im available anytime this week

adamaant
May 6th, 2015, 05:31
Hi Adam,
We appreciate the positive comments and rating you posted on DriveThruRPG. If you'd like to get in touch with us about your online adventure please feel free to contact us anytime.
Thanks again! R&D
Thanks! I'm enjoying the process of setting this up. I'm taking a lot of time getting it set up right. If you want, I'll walk you through it when it's done so you can see if I did your adventure justice. I'm hoping to kick off Chapter 1&2 soon.

adamaant
May 6th, 2015, 05:32
I'm going to assume that by Tuesday, you didn't mean today, since it's already 2:30 and I haven't been given the connection info. Or you forgot. Well, that gets rid of a little stress, but I was looking forward to this being soon. :/ Oh well, still have Heroes' Path.

Sorry I was so busy getting connection issues fixed I wasn't able to do a real test. I think it's all working now. I'm hoping to start recruiting for the real thing starting this weekend.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2015, 15:26
Thanks! I'm enjoying the process of setting this up. I'm taking a lot of time getting it set up right. If you want, I'll walk you through it when it's done so you can see if I did your adventure justice.
@R&D Adventures - you should contact ddavison at SmiteWorks and see about getting an FG conversion in the store! :)

JohnD
May 6th, 2015, 17:46
I was just about to post the same thing myself.

adamaant
May 6th, 2015, 20:11
@R&D Adventures - you should contact ddavison at SmiteWorks and see about getting an FG conversion in the store! :)

Agreed. That would be great!

CthulhuHalo
May 6th, 2015, 23:43
I'm not the one running the test :-)

I knew that, I was talking to Adamaant.

PooRsapper
May 9th, 2015, 03:42
are you still testing?