PDA

View Full Version : portraits not showing

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 06:35
I'm testing out my campaign I'm working on and find that my test pc's (separate pc load) can't see their portrait. They can go to the portrait selection, but no matter what it stays blank. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong, or a sharing issue?

damned
May 3rd, 2015, 07:12
Welcome adamaant!
Portraits are loaded from the local resources and unfortunately portraits and tokens are not shared out.
You can add the portrait yourself into the character or the player can add them from their own resources.
Recomendations when using your own - use SQUARE images and dont use huge images. they are only displayed in (usually) 63x63pixels so loading up a 1024x1024px image will just be down scaled and will still take up the much larger images resources.
Have fun!

adamaant
May 3rd, 2015, 07:48
Welcome adamaant!
Portraits are loaded from the local resources and unfortunately portraits and tokens are not shared out.
You can add the portrait yourself into the character or the player can add them from their own resources.
Recomendations when using your own - use SQUARE images and dont use huge images. they are only displayed in (usually) 63x63pixels so loading up a 1024x1024px image will just be down scaled and will still take up the much larger images resources.
Have fun!

I have tried adding portrait to player character. I can change it and I can see it, but the player can't see it. I have not tried to log in from a different computer. Could it be a problem with running pc's and gm on same computer?

damned
May 3rd, 2015, 08:17
No - its not a problem with running one Player Session from the same computer connecting to localhost.
It may be that the cache for that campaign got corrupted. On the splash screen - click join game, highlight your game and click the radioactive button upper right and that will cause the campaign to download from scratch on the next connection.
See if that helps.

Trenloe
May 3rd, 2015, 15:41
On the splash screen - click join game, highlight your game and click the radioactive button upper right and that will cause the campaign to download from scratch on the next connection.
FYI - there's no need to select the campaign, clicking the button deletes all of the player cache, using the Nuke button doesn't allow a way to select just a single campaign cache. To do that you'd need to manually delete a specific campaign cache from <FG App Data>\cache.

But, what damned says is a good idea to try to see if your portraits start appearing after clearing the cache.