PDA

View Full Version : Tormenta RPG Theme - (I can call it "official":)

JMTrevisan
May 3rd, 2015, 02:11
Hi guys!

My name is J.M. Trevisan and with 3 other friends I wrote a campaign setting called Tormenta, here in Brazil. That was 16 yeas ago. :)

We are still in the business and Tormenta is probably the most well known RPG in Brazil. So I decided to do a Fantasy Grounds theme for it.

I started my tinkering with FG just 3 days ago amd I wanna say thank you. Theses forums are so full of information and goodwill that didn't even had to ask anything during the process!

I hope I can find a way to translate the whole system (it's D20 based, but in Portuguese) to Fantasy Grounds someday!

Cheers!

https://twitter.com/JMTrevisan/status/594667807238975490/photo/1

damned
May 3rd, 2015, 11:04
Welcome JMTrevisan!
Nice job.

Nylanfs
May 4th, 2015, 16:48
Great! PCGen just had somebody help in making a Portuguese language translation so we know RPGing in brazil is alive and well.

FG is working on moving to the Unity game engine which will have better UTF8 support so the UI can be translated into better langauges. So that will help. :_

Blue Haven
May 5th, 2015, 19:04
Muito Bom meu amigo ;) quer a parte gráfica como o resto está tudo muito bom :)
Abraço

NinjaDePantufas
May 9th, 2015, 04:57
Legal Trevisan! Sou integrante da Torre Vorpal e fiz o tema de Tormenta RPG pro Roll20 (que tá la´no nosso site), mas nunca abandonei o FG. To com um projeto de fazer partidas gravadas pelo FG, pois acho ele mais imersivo pros jogadores e mais atraente pros espectadores. Mas indo direto ao ponto, precisando de ajuda, tamos aí! ;)

Dr0W
May 9th, 2015, 06:19
Yea, I have to say, Tormenta is one of the best rpg settings I've seen in my life and JMTrevisan and others were the ones that made my youth magical and colorful. It would be a great addition to have it on FG, but I only used Tormenta as a campaign setting to play DnD and never really used the new Tormenta system. So, hear what he has to say, he's one of the best RPG writers out there.

I wonder if he solved the problem with laggy dice we tried to help him with on the brazilian Fantasy Grounds group on FB :)

Blue Haven
May 15th, 2015, 15:47
Legal Trevisan! Sou integrante da Torre Vorpal e fiz o tema de Tormenta RPG pro Roll20 (que tá la´no nosso site), mas nunca abandonei o FG. To com um projeto de fazer partidas gravadas pelo FG, pois acho ele mais imersivo pros jogadores e mais atraente pros espectadores. Mas indo direto ao ponto, precisando de ajuda, tamos aí! ;)

É bom ver que ainda existem pessoas que se ajudam e fazem este programa andar cada vez mais para a frente :)
Só um aparte...amigo (Ninja de Pantufas) o teu nick é demais lololol :)
Grande abraço

JMTrevisan
May 15th, 2015, 15:52
Thank you so much, man! Actually, the problem was my windows...i think? There was a software update this week and now everything is back to normal!

I advanced a lot in my Tormenta conversion :) Graphics are mostly set and I'm halfway through the Basic Rules. Then I'll tackle translation.

JMTrevisan
May 15th, 2015, 16:03
Great! PCGen just had somebody help in making a Portuguese language translation so we know RPGing in brazil is alive and well.

FG is working on moving to the Unity game engine which will have better UTF8 support so the UI can be translated into better langauges. So that will help. :_

Cool!

I'm starting to look with more attention at VTT and other RPG softwares as I think that Tormenta must keep up with the changes in the way we play RPG. I sincerely believe that VTT are the way to go as an extension of conventional table topping.

The RPG market in Brazil is a lot (and i really mean it) smaller than in U.S., but Tormenta is still strong even after 16 years since it's first edition (as a campaign setting I can say we are more popular than any D&D scenarios around here).

So I'd be very happy to stretch our tentacles on everything RPG related out there! :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 15th, 2015, 13:30
Salve salve, @JMTrevisan gostaria de saber o que achou do Fantasy Grounds e se ainda teremos um RPG nacional no Fantasy Grounds...
Como andam os projetos de Tormenta RPG para o Fantasy Grounds?