PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to add effects to items?

Kendjin
May 2nd, 2015, 23:50
I tried to find some information on this subject, but I can't wrap my head around it.

I was hoping to make a healing potion that when used would roll a heal. But I can't find an option to add effects to this. Can anyone give me some insight on where I might be going wrong?

Many thanks.

nytemare3701
May 3rd, 2015, 01:42
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23744-A-few-questions-about-effects

I asked the same a while back. It looks like a no. You could put the effects as abilities on your character sheet though, with a group name of "Items" and use them from there. Hell, you can even apply ammo to them for things with uses per day.

Moon Wizard
May 3rd, 2015, 05:10
Here's how I just made one.

Go to PC Actions tab.
Click edit button in lower right. (brown button with slash)
Click Add Power button. (blue button with star)
Type in item name (Potion of Healing).
Type in item group name (Items).
Right click on new item, and select Add Action -> Add Heal
Click magnifying glass next to new heal action.
Pick up a d4, right click once to add another die and drop on heal details window.
Add a bonus of 2 in the heal details window.
Change Targeting to Self (for quick self-healing) or leave as Targets (if you might use on others).

Cheers,
JPG

Larac
May 4th, 2015, 01:55
To be sure I am getting it:
So you can do it as an action.

But you can not have that action already on a magic item?

Note:
But it looks like I can have spells on an item, just put Ice Knife on a +1 Sword and then could drag that on to the actions tab, shows as a spell but can work with that.

So I can make a spell book of odd magic item stuff and put those as needed on an item.
So it stays with the item, not a special entry on the CHAR. Actions sheet it seems.

Next to see if this works with effects, would make Stuns and such faster for play.

Will update if it worked.