PDA

View Full Version : Custom classes?

masterwilliam13
May 2nd, 2015, 17:43
Can custom classes be created in the class core set pack? My player wants to bring in a Dread Necromancer from the 3.5 days.

JohnD
May 2nd, 2015, 21:16
You'd probably have to enter class information manually into the character sheet.

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2015, 21:20
Or create your class through PAR5E: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18123-Project-Par5e

etropic
May 3rd, 2015, 22:47
Is the 5e FG format documented somewhere that we could bulk import our own custom classes ?

Zeus
May 3rd, 2015, 23:07
Is the 5e FG format documented somewhere that we could bulk import our own custom classes ?

I included a user guide with the PAR5E binaries including a full syntax breakdown for all the data items PAR5E supports. See the link in Trenloe's post.

For manual entry, check out the 5E user guide on the Wiki.

etropic
May 3rd, 2015, 23:11
I'm going through your docs now ;)
In the meantime I meant documented format for FG directly.

Nickademus
May 4th, 2015, 00:18
For manual entry, check out the 5E user guide on the Wiki.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, most of the 5e User guides on the wiki don't exist. I see 5 red links out of 7 topics. Was this information somewhere else?

Larac
May 4th, 2015, 01:24
Best way I know to get it in is to build in Par5e that way each class will always be ready to use again.
I am using it atm to redo odd magic items to have for when I DM.

As I can get my custom content very fast, then format if I missed anything.

The Entry is the same for FG for manual stuff as other rule sets if I am not mistaken.

etropic
May 4th, 2015, 02:57
Best way I know to get it in is to build in Par5e

I already have it in a different format. Instead of converting to par5e to convert to FG, I figured it would be quicker to just go to the native format ;) I hate all the little custom things with different formats, nothing standard. Was hoping to skip a step :)