PDA

View Full Version : New to using Fantasy Grounds

Hammerhand
May 1st, 2015, 15:02
I have been watching instructional videos for Fantasy Grounds 3, which I just purchased. Are there instructional videos or written instructions that takes you through creating a campaign from scratch. All the videos either assume that you already have files or are for earlier versions of the software. I am a step-by-step learner and need something that starts with nothing and ends up with a playable campaign.

Any help is welcome, thanks.

dulux-oz
May 1st, 2015, 15:45
Hi Hammerhand,

While my own series of Tutorial Videos takes Players and GM's through the process of learning how to use FG, the particular topics you;re asking about I haven;'t covered yet (unfortunately I've been very busy lately, and I haven't had time - sorry).

Xorn covers this somewhat in his series from 2008 (I think that was the year), Although those videos are fro FG2 they are still relevant.

Doswelk's series (from 2010) is also not bad - again, for a previous version of FG but still largely relevant.

All of these video series are available on the FG Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos).

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help

And Welcome!

cheers

damned
May 2nd, 2015, 00:11
I have been watching instructional videos for Fantasy Grounds 3, which I just purchased. Are there instructional videos or written instructions that takes you through creating a campaign from scratch. All the videos either assume that you already have files or are for earlier versions of the software. I am a step-by-step learner and need something that starts with nothing and ends up with a playable campaign.

Any help is welcome, thanks.

have a look at these very short (and poor production quality) video - each one goes for 2-7mins.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd

kane280484
May 2nd, 2015, 09:20
Open up a module included for free in FG, "Well Met in Kith'takharos" - look through it and you will understand how to make your own. If you have any precise questions, technical or else, we'd be happy to help.

TBH I think what FG lacks is proper manual / guide in pdf.