PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v3.1.0

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2015, 09:09
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is going to be a large push to enhance 5E ruleset and data support, as well as a bunch of other fixes and features for the main client and other rulesets.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2015, 09:10
EDIT: Moved to beta mode, and available in the Test channel.

NOTE: Individual 5E class and monster packs have not been updated yet, though the main 5E Monster Manual and Player's Handbook do have data fixes.

Updates

[CoreRPG+] The names of items in the Inventory tab of a PC will now display as if the PC is viewing (for GMs).
[5E] Added Innate Spells and Spells sections to NPC sheet
[5E] Added parsing of Reactions, Legendary Actions, Innate Spells and Spells on CT drop of NPC record.
[5E] Combat subsection of CT entries no longer auto open when an NPC becomes active combatant.
[5E] NPC actions with the text "This is a magic weapon attack" will add the magic modifier to damage rolls made with that action.
[5E] Added "death" saving throw qualifier to SAVE effects.
[5E] Added numerical support for RESIST and VULN effects.
[5E] Encumbrance values will update when PC size is set to Tiny, Large, Huge or Gargantuan.
[5E] The Weapons section on the PC Actions tab is now collapsible by clicking on the Weapons header bar.
[5E] When adding spellcasting classes to a PC that already has the Spellcasting feature, a separate spellcasting entry will be created in Features list and Actions tab with the class name appended.
[5E] When spells dropped on PC Actions tab, they will be added to the same group they are dropped on, or the Spells group if not dropped on another group.
[5E] Skill data links on PC will point to PHB skill descriptions (if PHB loaded).
[5E] Sub-race links can now be dropped on a PC to pre-fill racial data.
[5E] Updated subrace selection dialog when dropping race selection on a PC.
[5E] Updated class skill selection dialog when dropping class selection on a PC.
[5E] Added class specialization selection dialog when dropping class record on a PC grants specialization feature.
[5E] Added ability to specify spell action bonuses by specific base class levels. (i.e. Second Wind, Dark One's Blessing)
[5E] Improved parsing of most healing rolls to identify self-heals and class level modifiers.
[5E] Spells can be dragged between character sheets to copy spells with action rolls already configured.
[5E] Effects that already parse from NPC action descriptions will now populate in the CT quick access action fields.
[5E] Added ritual field to spell records.
[CoreRPG+] Players could view the identified name of an unidentified item by dragging it to the chat window to share. Fixed.
[5E] Script warning when selected decal no longer exists (i.e. unloaded extension). Fixed.
[5E] Missing melee/ranged type for some NPC attacks and spells. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when DC missing from NPC action text for causing saving throws. Fixed.
[5E] Death saving throws not applying saving throw modifier effects. Fixed.
[5E] Wizards theme actions group header font almost invisible after toggling action group visibility. Fixed.
[5E] Wizards theme dice tower too big and overlays last 2 keys on hot key bar. Fixed.
[5E] Wizards theme hot key bar titles were not positioned correctly. Fixed.
[5E] Wizards theme font layout issues. Fixed.
[5E] Mess kit unable to be dropped on PC Inventory tab. Fixed.
[4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Effects for IMMUNE: all and RESIST: # all not working. Fixed.

JPG

dulux-oz
May 1st, 2015, 09:33
[CoreRPG+] The names of items in the Inventory tab of a PC will now display as if the PC is viewing (for GMs).

Sorry Moon, but for the life of me the above does not make any sense at all. Could you please explain?

Cheers

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2015, 09:39
I know. I even reworded it a couple times, but tried to keep it short. Basically, I'm just pointing out that in previous versions the ruleset would show the GM the "identified" version of the item always. In this version, the view on the character sheet Inventory tab will be the same as if a player were viewing (i.e. if identify option is set and items in unidentified, only the unidentified name will be seen.). When the GM clicks in on the item record, they can see all the details including identification status as well as identified and non-identified naming.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
May 1st, 2015, 09:46
OK, that makes more sense - and you're right, I couldn't have explained any better in short form :)

Thanks

viresanimi
May 1st, 2015, 10:34
There is so much goodness here. I can't wait to try it out!

"[5E] Mess kit unable to be dropped on PC Inventory tab. Fixed." This is good. But correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see the component pouch anywhere either. This would be a nice too.

Vires Animi

viresanimi
May 1st, 2015, 10:55
When you drag and drop the wizard class (only class I tested) on to the charactersheet, it create a spell tab on the actions sheet. There is a red delete button on that tab constantly and it cannot be removed. Is that intentional?

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2015, 17:28
* The Spells tab will always have a deletion option until at least one spell is added.
* I'll have to look into the component pouch. I focused more on the ruleset sideof the fixes.

Regards,
JPG

darrenan
May 1st, 2015, 22:11
Related to this item:

[CoreRPG+] Players could view the identified name of an unidentified item by dragging it to the chat window to share. Fixed.

I ran into something similar in a different context a couple days ago. If I have a character with an unidentified item in my inventory, I can see what the item is if I go into Manage Characters for that Campaign.

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2015, 00:46
Ooohh, I'll look into that. That may be a different issue.

Thanks for the report,
JPG

Thegroo
May 2nd, 2015, 00:59
Great changes. Are you guys getting any sleep at all?

Nylanfs
May 2nd, 2015, 02:54
I don't think their license with WotC allows that. :P

Moon Wizard
May 4th, 2015, 08:02
Updates

Added tooltips to hot keys.
All owned modules can now be viewed in Manage Characters mode, regardless of whether they are GM or Player modules.
[CoreRPG+] When viewing campaign characters in Manage Characters mode, the options configured for that campaign will be used.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Attack/Action/Reaction fields in CT entry are hidden for PCs, since they are not used.
There were several situations where certain characters in campaign, module and user names would prevent data from being saved. Fixed.
Campaign links added to windowreference, formatted text or image records within modules would be broken on next campaign load. Fixed.
When GM would clear the owner of an active character, the player would no longer be able to open character sheets for other active characters. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When dropping the CT faction market on a map, the tokens would not be placed correctly if map zoomed out. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] As a player, when importing local characters via the Character Selection dialog and a portrait selected, the default token for the portrait was not set. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When viewing campaign characters in Manage Characters mode in a campaign that used the Item Identification option, all items were viewable as identified. Fixed after next player connection.
[5E] Class record drops to add a class level would create duplicate class entries if dropped from different modules. Fixed.
[5E] Built-in skills could be incorrectly deleted if using delete/backspace key starting on a custom skill. Fixed.
[DEV] Module links being treated as unloaded after using /reload command. Fixed.
[DEV] stringcontrol.isEmpty returned incorrect value when using delaykeyupdate flag. Fixed.

JPG

Nylanfs
May 4th, 2015, 15:31
Awesome!

itsdvw
May 5th, 2015, 20:32
[5E] Spells can be dragged between character sheets to copy spells with action rolls already configured.

Exciting! This means as a player I can set up my teammate's spells and features correctly and have my DM drag them into their character sheet! Maybe our Paladin will stop granting our enemies 2d8 bonus radiant damage when he uses divine smite. Other changes look great too.

VenomousFiligree
May 7th, 2015, 06:50
5e request

Can passive perception on the front page be made editable to allow for the observant feat.

viresanimi
May 8th, 2015, 11:42
Several links on the charactersheets no longer works properly in 5E.

I know for sure that the class link (on the front page) won't work. Also any link that opens up a text that contains other links within them (ie "spellcasting" under Features and the like) is no longer working (the "sublinks" I mean). As far as I can tell anything that directly links to PHB or other official module ... its gone. Links on the taskbar at the bottom also linking to MM or PHB are also broken.

The message in chat reads: "Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD PHB Deluxe)" The modules are active.

This is not good. It means characters pretty much will have to be rebuild from scratch to make sure that the links contained on them actually works.

Vires Animi

Treegreen
May 8th, 2015, 23:32
Maybe I'm just missing something but I'm not seeing legendary actions parse on the CT.

"[5E] Added parsing of Reactions, Legendary Actions, Innate Spells and Spells on CT drop of NPC record."

damned
May 8th, 2015, 23:58
Maybe I'm just missing something but I'm not seeing legendary actions parse on the CT.

"[5E] Added parsing of Reactions, Legendary Actions, Innate Spells and Spells on CT drop of NPC record."

Probably... this is in Test Release 3.1.0 which you are probably not using.

Treegreen
May 9th, 2015, 02:32
Probably... this is in Test Release 3.1.0 which you are probably not using.

How odd. I have test selected in the options for updating but can't seem to get it to pull the new test version. Did I miss where it needs to be dev instead of test?

Edit: Sure enough, I did. That's what I get for not reading everything carefully like they teach you back in grade school.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2015, 08:50
viresanimi,

I am not seeing this on my side. Can you provide more info to help me reproduce?

* Can you reproduce in a new character?
* Does it only happen in characters created in v3.0.13 that are opened in v3.1.0?
* Are you building characters using the official 5E modules or modules you created yourself using Par5E?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2015, 10:37
Updates

Players can request to use modules that are installed locally but not installed by GM. The GM still must approve usage within their campaign via the Library Module Activation window.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Built-in conditions buttons added to campaign effects window.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Wiki help link added to campaign effects window.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] When adding encounters to party sheet XP tab, encounter records will be duplicated, so multiple encounters can be added from a single encounter record.
[5E] Updated theme for 5E ruleset.
[5E] Added number of hit points added to chat notification when dropping class record on PC.
Cursor placement when using mouse and arrow keys incorrect when formatted text field contained chat text with an assigned empty speaker value. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Players unable to drop items from module onto character sheet unless GM also has module open. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Rolls with colored die results would generate script errors when dropped on dice tower (such as critical damage). Fixed.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] When advancing multiple rounds via round advance button radial menu, ongoing damage and regeneration effects not applied. Fixed.
[5E] Specific ADVCHK and ADVSKILL effects were not working on multi-word skills (i.e. Sleight of Hand, Animal Handling). Fixed.
[DEV] Add radial menu string overrides for hot key bar and token bag control. See CoreRPG strings file for default values.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Adjusted party sheet order tab formation image toolbar to use replaceable tooltips.
[DEV] Interface - Scripts can request URLs to be opened by the OS by using Interface.openWindow with a class of "url" and a record name equal to the desired URL.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2015, 10:39
Just pushed all changes to the Test mode channel to make it officially beta mode.

NOTE: Individual 5E class and monster packs have not been updated yet, though the main 5E Monster Manual and Player's Handbook do have data fixes.

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
May 18th, 2015, 11:06
Thanks Moon :)

Cheers

VenomousFiligree
May 18th, 2015, 11:22
Look forward to trying it on Tuesday

viresanimi
May 18th, 2015, 11:23
viresanimi,

I am not seeing this on my side. Can you provide more info to help me reproduce?

* Can you reproduce in a new character?
* Does it only happen in characters created in v3.0.13 that are opened in v3.1.0?
* Are you building characters using the official 5E modules or modules you created yourself using Par5E?

To answer point by point:

* No, this does not happen new characters.
* Yes, this only happens to characters that was made prior to moving to 3.1.0
* PAR5E might as well be alien language to me. All characters have been made using official FG modules that I have bought.

The solution so far with the broken links has been to do the following: "Main" page of character sheet, under class and level. The class link was broken, that could be fixed by dragging and dropping a new one. Under "Abilities" tab, any link in the features section that was just plain text was just fine and left alone. Any link that was contained inside one of those popups was broken. I deleted the broken features and dropped replacements from the individual class description. Then the links worked as intended.

For example: A wizard have an entry in the features list called "Spellcasting". This described the hows of why's of wizard spellcasting just fine. But the link to the actual wizard spells did not work. Then I got the message in chat.

I hope this clarifies things.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2015, 19:31
Your post plus something else that came up separately pointed me to the source of the issue. Apparently we have two different module names internally for the 5E modules. We're getting them synched up to match the current release, and I'll push a new update within the next day or so (hopefully sooner).

Thanks,
JPG

viresanimi
May 18th, 2015, 19:35
Glad to help. Better it is found before general release.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2015, 22:39
Updates

Module data edits will now be applied even if the underlying module changes. Use Revert menu option in Module Activation window to reset changes.
[5E] Official modules in beta test had different names than modules in release, causing issues. (specifically PHB Deluxe and MM) Fixed.

JPG

El Condoro
May 19th, 2015, 13:50
3.1.0 Test (5E ruleset)

When dragging an encounter onto the XP tab of the Party Sheet, the awarded XP is not coming across. That field is not editable, either.

Moon Wizard
May 19th, 2015, 23:40
Updates

[5E] Many data updates for official 5E modules, including textual fixes as well as support for new features. Please note that the individual class and monster packs have not been updated yet.

See this thread for more info from Zeus.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out/page19

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
May 20th, 2015, 00:15
Just wondering - is there any reason why there is no race listed on the Party Sheet (specifically for C&C, but I'm assuming it's missing from other rulesets as well)? The main tab has name, class, level, experience points, stats, health, etc, but no race...

Trenloe
May 20th, 2015, 00:22
Just wondering - is there any reason why there is no race listed on the CT (specifically for C&C, but I'm assuming it's missing from other rulesets as well)? The main tab has name, class, level, experience points, stats, health, etc, but no race...
CT being character sheet not combat tracker? I was confused for a bit there... ;)

Race is there in my copy of C&C:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/C%26C%20Charsheet%20Race.jpg

Andraax
May 20th, 2015, 00:24
Said CT, but meant Party Sheet.

Zeus
May 20th, 2015, 08:42
Said CT, but meant Party Sheet.

The PartySheet windowclass is a base CoreRPG class containing two simple tabs, inventory and marching order. All remaining tabs and views that you see implemented in the PartySheet are layered in from the ruleset your using. In this case it would appear the C&C ruleset introduces Main and XP tabs but doesn't include a linked Race field on the Main tab view. Perhaps because the original dev didn't think race data was critical and available space in the party sheet main view is already at a minimum. I'll have a word with moon.

In the meantime, you can access the player character sheet for any entry by clicking the portrait on the left side of each entry.

Moon Wizard
May 21st, 2015, 02:36
Yeah, it was a space issue. It's not in any ruleset but 5E. I added it to the 5E ruleset as a prototype, and it barely works. There is a lot of name/race clipping in the party sheet because it is included.

JPG

Zeus
May 22nd, 2015, 09:36
There is so much goodness here. I can't wait to try it out!

"[5E] Mess kit unable to be dropped on PC Inventory tab. Fixed." This is good. But correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see the component pouch anywhere either. This would be a nice too.

Vires Animi

Its in the Adventuring Gear equipment table under Standard items which can be found in the DD PHB Deluxe, DD PHB PC Customisation Pack and DD Basic Rules - Player modules.

viresanimi
May 22nd, 2015, 16:38
Thanks Zeus.

I will have a look at it.... when I get home from my vacation in Italy.

Vires Animi

Zeus
May 23rd, 2015, 10:45
ooh luv Italy, one of my favourite holiday destinations. Enjoy!

kalannar
May 26th, 2015, 19:18
I have seen and issue in the 5e rule set where monsters with regen will still regen hitpoints even though they were hit by an attack that would stop them from regenerating. I am using modules parsed by the parser, not the store bought ones. Also how does the RESIST with number work? I tried doing RESIST: 3, but did nothing.

Moon Wizard
May 26th, 2015, 22:42
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Reference armor, equipment and weapons can now be dropped onto PC desktop portraits.
[CoreRPG+] Parcels can now be dropped onto PC inventory or PC portraits.
[CoreRPG+] Redesigned quest and encounter list sections of party sheet XP tab to be consistent with other windows.
[5E] Changed AC detail to show base 10 AC to avoid confusion when specifying armor bonus, which should be PHB value - base value (10).
[5E] When dropping background traits, ideals, bonds and flaws; the new value will be appended to the existing value, instead of replacing.
[5E] Buttons added to encounter records to refresh CR and XP fields based on encounter NPC list.
[5E] Added modifier option to Passive Perception field on Main tab of PC sheet. Use CTRL + mouse wheel or number drop to edit. (i.e. Observant feat)
[5E] When adding a class level via drop from PHB to a PC that adds the Spellcasting feature, spell slots will be updated on the PC Actions tab.
[5E] Caster level multiplier field added to class details page for each class. (None(-), 1x, 1/2x or 1/3x)
[LAUNCHER] View license button not pointing to the correct license file. Fixed.
[5E] XP value was missing and not editable when adding encounters on the Party Sheet XP tab. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Multiple damage types not applied correctly when damage roll dragged from chat window onto CT. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Stabilization hit point loss was being resisted by DR, RESIST and IMMUNE effects. Fixed.
[CnC] Quest and encounter awards from party sheet XP tab not applying correctly. Fixed.

NOTE: All 5E data and adventure modules updated for release.

NOTE 2: I am planning to push this release next week.

JPG

Thegroo
May 27th, 2015, 01:11
Updates

[5E] Changed AC detail to show base 10 AC to avoid confusion when specifying armor bonus, which should be PHB value - base value (10).

JPG

The window is now too small and you don't see the last field fully.

But thanks for all the great additions.

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2015, 08:24
From kalannar:

I have seen and issue in the 5e rule set where monsters with regen will still regen hitpoints even though they were hit by an attack that would stop them from regenerating. I am using modules parsed by the parser, not the store bought ones. Also how does the RESIST with number work? I tried doing RESIST: 3, but did nothing.

Regeneration
I just tried this with a Troll from the official MM. When added to the CT, it gains the effect "REGEN: 10 acid,fire". When I made an attack that had the acid or fire damage type, it correctly disabled the effect for one turn. Can you provide me the steps when you see it not working?

Numerical Resist
The RESIST tag requires a damage type. If you want to resist all damage, you must specify "all" in the effect. ("RESIST: 3 all")

Regards,
JPG

Tel Arin
May 27th, 2015, 13:23
I get this error when I drag a weapon, armor, gear etc to the inventory tab from the manuals (from Basic Rules Player D&D & my parse player's handbook)

Script Error: [string "charsheet_inventory_contents"]:1: attempt to call field 'handlePCDrop' (a nil value)

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj50/telarin/escritorio.jpg~original

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2015, 18:50
Updates

[CoreRPG+] When dropping inventory items on the character sheet inventory page, script errors were occurring. Fixed.
[5E] When using Wizards theme, AC fields cut off in combat calc details page. Fixed.
[5E] When using the CT menu to roll all PC initiatives, the ADVINIT effect was being ignored. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2015, 19:10
Updates

The Savage Worlds v4.1 ruleset has been updated, and scheduled for release with v3.1.0 of Fantasy Grounds.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2015, 23:28
Updates

[5E] Restructured portrait directories for official 5E products into folders by race.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2015, 18:00
Updates

[SW] Savage Worlds updates across multiple products (see Savage Worlds forum for details)
[5E] D&D logo revised in Wizards theme.
[5E] Add parsing of Dragon Breath ability save DC when added to PC sheet. Save type will still need to be edited, since it is variable based on player choices.
[PFRPG] Silence spell had wrong casting time in Spells module. Fixed.

JPG

Talen
May 30th, 2015, 16:03
Can the existing public par5e utility be used to create spell casting npc's in the new format?

Baron28
June 1st, 2015, 16:18
When leveling up a dwarf character, does the dwarven toughness hit point get added automagically when you drag and drop the character class onto the character sheet?

Zeus
June 1st, 2015, 18:07
Can the existing public par5e utility be used to create spell casting npc's in the new format?

@Talen: No, the public version of PAR5E does not support NPC spells.

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2015, 19:46
When leveling up a dwarf character, does the dwarven toughness hit point get added automagically when you drag and drop the character class onto the character sheet?

No, not currently, only the HD (max at 1st, average after that) and the Con bonus are applied automatically.

Also, Constitution score changes will not update hit points either.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2015, 23:47
This version just went live today.

Regards,
JPG