PDA

View Full Version : Hide Unprepared spells in "Combat view

Osryk
May 1st, 2015, 04:51
D&D 5E
With the different views available, could the spells available but not selected as prepared be hidden?
This would streamline what you see in your Actions tab, reducing scrolling as you go up in levels and gain more spells to choose from.

jasonlalanne
May 1st, 2015, 04:53
That would be great!

Trenloe
May 1st, 2015, 05:02
With the different views available, could the spells available but not selected as prepared be hidden?
Which ruleset are you referring to? I believe this is generally the case in most rulesets - i.e. combat mode only displays the spells currently prepared and removes those used (for rulesets where using a prepared spell removes it from the spells available).

Osryk
May 1st, 2015, 05:08
This is specific to the 5E rule set. Sorry for not specifying
Example below. The "Stars" are what are prepared, the remaining are available.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2015, 05:15
This is specific to the 5E rule set. Sorry for not specifying.
In that case, in my experience, the combat mode does hide unprepared spells.

Here's preparation mode, with 3 of the 6 first level spells selected as "prepared":

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Spell%20Preparation%20mode.jpg

The switching to Combat mode with these 3 spells prepared only shows the prepared spells:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Spells%20Combat%20Mode.jpg

Osryk
May 1st, 2015, 05:17
Ok, after additional review, I missed putting a Prepared number in.
Please ignore this post as I am a newb. Thank you for replying!

Trenloe
May 1st, 2015, 05:19
This is specific to the 5E rule set. Sorry for not specifying
Example below. The "Stars" are what are prepared, the remaining are available.
Ah, OK - you need to press the magnifying glass icon on the right of the "Spells (Level 1)" header and enter how many spells you are allowed to prepare in the "Prepared" entry. If this is left at blank you will get what you're seeing.

jasonlalanne
May 1st, 2015, 05:20
Thanks for the help!

Xorn
May 1st, 2015, 20:11
I have found that it does not *enforce* the Prepared number, just FYI. Since many classes get bonus "always prepared" spells that's necessary.