PDA

View Full Version : 5E Player/DM Looking for a Group

Keero
May 1st, 2015, 00:22
Heya, looking for a group to get some play time in. I have been known to do some DMing from time to time. I have ran LMoP with local group here. I also have the Ultimate Version of Fantasy Grounds, and the LMoP module.

I would like to do some playing personally, but I understand that FG is currently hurting for DMing so I don't mind filling a role there as well.

damned
May 1st, 2015, 06:14
Welcome Keero! Even if you start as the GM it will widen your contact group and help you find a game to play in.
Post your TimeZone and Availablity too.

Vael
May 1st, 2015, 06:24
Hey Keero. I am looking to join a game as well. May I sign up under your righteous leadership?

damned
May 1st, 2015, 07:05
So all the cool and wonderful players that come to this thread and nicely talk Keero into GMing.... consider the other half of his post and think about taking the group through a a mini adventure or short campaign to share the load around :)
I was so happy when a member in my group ran a one shot in place of our regular session one week. And now a different player is the GM on a new campaign and Im playing. Its good fun to try both sides of the table.

Vael
May 1st, 2015, 07:07
I'm willing to GM. It'd be my first time GMing in FGII, however and I don't have access to my router atm. I can't seem to be able to figure out forwarding.

damned
May 1st, 2015, 07:13
Vael - I can assist you with the Port Forwarding IF you have access to the router.
Otherwise you will need to use a VPN service or Hamachi.

For GMing in FG...
Keep it simple.
You need characters - either pre-gens or get the players to build their own
You need some NPCs
You need to prep some Encounters - 3 is enough for one session - on a map if there is a possibility of fighting

And some story notes...

Dont get hung up on being able to do everything possible in FG. With practise you will be able to use more features.

rhammer2
May 1st, 2015, 07:30
I don't see any mention of a preferred playing day/time. I generally only have availability on the weekends, preferably on Saturday afternoons. I actually prefer to GM, but I would like to get more comfortable with FG first.

Robert

damned
May 1st, 2015, 07:39
Have a look at this post guys - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23841-Want-to-join-a-5th-ed-DnD&p=209576&viewfull=1#post209576

Vael
May 1st, 2015, 09:37
I don't have physical access to it 100% of the time. That's the thing. Other than that, hell yes! I'm open to your help! Haha.

damned
May 1st, 2015, 13:04
We have probably missed each other tonight.
Ill send you my details via PM.

Art Wendorf
May 1st, 2015, 13:34
Dont get hung up on being able to do everything possible in FG. With practise you will be able to use more features.I realized this yesterday when I was on FG for three hours, tweaking (as opposed to twerking ) the story entries to try to account for every possible angle. It dawned on me that I can change or add anything on the fly. That I'm gonna BE there (in a virtual world sense).

Once that washed over me, my stress level plummeted and I moved on to prepping for the second and third adventure.

damned
May 1st, 2015, 13:42
I realized this yesterday when I was on FG for three hours, tweaking (as opposed to twerking ) the story entries to try to account for every possible angle. It dawned on me that I can change or add anything on the fly. That I'm gonna BE there (in a virtual world sense).

Once that washed over me, my stress level plummeted and I moved on to prepping for the second and third adventure.

You're all over it!