PDA

View Full Version : How do you add a feat?

PinkRose
May 1st, 2015, 00:03
If I want all of my players to have a feat at 1st level, how can I add it?
Right-clicking doesn't give the Create Object option.

Also, is there a way to reset skills if you Delete Object some of them?
And is there a reason why they don't have descriptions?

Thanks. Brand new here.

JohnD
May 1st, 2015, 00:21
Drag the link over from the PHB to the Feats section on your character sheet.

Nickademus
May 1st, 2015, 00:22
In the lower right hand corner of the sheet is a brown circle with a white line. Clicking this reveals the editing buttons. You can use those to add feats and skills. (I don't think you can delete the official skills.)

The lack of description is probably a copyright issue.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2015, 01:42
And is there a reason why they don't have descriptions?
Response from SmiteWorks: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out&p=206089&viewfull=1#post206089

PinkRose
May 1st, 2015, 06:24
You can delete the skills.
I did. I added one, that started deleting with the delete key and it finished the line and kept on to the next one and the next.

Also, I think I can't add a blank feat because I don't have access to feats. Maybe. I haven't ordered the full package yet because I'm just checking things out for now.
Thanks for the posts.

Nickademus
May 1st, 2015, 21:21
The sections of the ruleset should be part of the FG ruleset and not require any purchase. You don't see the Feat section at the top of the Abilities tab?

If you can backspace/delete into a line that shouldn't be able to be edited, that is a bug and should be reported. There is no option to delete a core skill with the built-in edit buttons, so I'd say that wasn't intended.

Xorn
May 1st, 2015, 21:38
8:49 on my Player Quickstart tutorial. I don't actually enter a feat in, but that's how you add one. No modules loaded for that tutorial (as I preach that modules are a luxury and not needed--awesome to have--but not required).

PinkRose
May 1st, 2015, 23:06
Thank you, Xorn.
I'll watch the rest of those before I ask anymore questions.

And I'll report the bug. It only happens when you add one and then start to delete it letter by letter. You can't delete the originals unless you drop down a line from one you make.