PDA

View Full Version : Players access to modules

beachbum21k
April 29th, 2015, 19:41
I can't seem to find this anywhere on the site.

If I purchase the savage worlds ruleset and then I create a campaign with that - do the players also need to own that ruleset to access it when we aren't playing.

Or when I buy it and create a game can other people access that information through that game when I'm not online?

Trenloe
April 29th, 2015, 19:50
When your players connect to your game they access your ruleset and any information you care to allow them to access (library modules, etc.).

They won't have access to this same information unless they are connected to your game. Or, they buy the ruleset and modules to use themselves offline.

One thing - the players can use Manage Characters to review their character from your game, but they won't have access to anything more than a read-only copy of their character sheet (a snapshot of when they last were connected to the GM). If information in this character sheet snapshot is linked to modules that the GM owns, the players won't be able to see that information in the offline manage characters unless they also have those same modules.

beachbum21k
April 29th, 2015, 19:52
Ok. That helps a lot. So the best way to solve the problem would be to set aside time for everyone to make/modify characters together if we don't all own the module ruleset.

Trenloe
April 29th, 2015, 19:56
So the best way to solve the problem would be to set aside time for everyone to make/modify characters together if we don't all own the module ruleset.
Yep. Or leave the GM instance running if you have that option.

With the Manage Characters option the players can always view the last snapshot of their PC which can help them think of any changes to be made the next time they connect to the GM, which can help to reduce PC maintenance time when connected to the GM.