PDA

View Full Version : 2e Greyhawk Campaign

SirAntoine
April 29th, 2015, 05:19
Hi, there! I heard about fantasy grounds at wizards.com, and I want to try to use this system for a new 2e Greyhawk campaign. It would be my first time running an online game. Everyone will start at 1st level, and work their way through an open-ended, traditional game. New players can join at any time.

EDIT: Cancel this notice. At this time I can't say when I can get this to work.

Let's see if we can play a play-by-post game. Everyone can submit their character information, and follow each other's posts.

JohnD
April 29th, 2015, 05:43
What's not working?

SirAntoine
April 29th, 2015, 07:29
I can't summon up the demo I downloaded, and when I try to download it again it says it can update it but the window to use doesn't open. It opened the first time, but the connect wasn't correct, and I don't understand what to set it to. Anyway, I looked at some of the features they also have as you-tube videos, and I would be running this mostly just post-by-post. I can get it started that way, anyway, and see how I enjoy it before paying any fees.

JohnD
April 30th, 2015, 03:15
I don't see how a PbP game would help you figure out whether or not you want to use FG. At any rate, I've never seen a PbP game here. I think there's a place called RPoL.net or something like that for PbP games.

SirAntoine
April 30th, 2015, 07:29
Thanks for the replies. I was going to look around at other sites, too, but since this is now officially licensed for D&D I thought I should check it out. I'm not computer-savvy, but I live far from other players and online gaming might interest me.

SirAntoine
May 4th, 2015, 08:49
I've decided to start a new campaign over at myth-weavers.com, if anyone would like to play. Look for the game titled, "The Five Swords". It's a new plot, but still has all of the other specifics.