PDA

View Full Version : Story Entry Headers

AKABigBlack
April 26th, 2015, 02:48
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please move it if not.

I'm new to designing my own modules, so this may be common knowledge but i can't figure it out. How do you make collapsable story entries like in the picture? You know, the black header sections?

Griogre
April 26th, 2015, 02:56
AKABigBlack I don't believe collapsible headers can be done without actually editing the XML manually but I am not that familiar with the internal workings of the 5E ruleset's XML. This was something that had to be done in other rulesets when the developer was manually making library modules.

Nickademus
April 26th, 2015, 04:20
That looks like an xml list group heading. Open up one of the item modules (for another ruleset) and see how they code the xml to produce that grouping.

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2015, 05:11
Excerpts of XML from module. You can see that the initial link points to a windowclass called reference_colindex that is available only with the 5E ruleset.

<root>
<library>
<libnddlostmineofphandelver>
<id-00008>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_colindex</class>
<recordname>lists.encounter.bycategory@DD Lost Mine of Phandelver</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Story</name>
</id-00008>
</libnddlostmineofphandelver>
</library>
<lists>
<encounter>
<bycategory>
<description type="string">Story</description>
<groups>
<typecategorypart1_goblinarrows>
<description type="string">Part 1: Goblin Arrows</description>
<index>
<enc_p1_01_index_part1>
<link type="windowreference">
<class>encounter</class>
<recordname>encounter.enc_p1_01_index_part1@DD Lost Mine of Phandelver</recordname>
<description>
<field>name</field>
</description>
</link>
<source type="string"/>
</enc_p1_01_index_part1>
</index>
</typecategorypart1_goblinarrows>
</groups>
</bycategory>
</encounter>
</lists>
</root>

Regards,
JPG

OneSidedDie
April 27th, 2015, 14:52
Additional question to this. Would there be a way to to a tiered embed of the same list or does it only fold one deep?

Story
- Chapter 1
- Part the 1st
- Overview
- Encounter 1
- Encounter 2
- Part the 2nd
- Overview
- Encounter 1
- Chapter 2
- Ect.

Edit: Formatting

Larac
April 27th, 2015, 17:57
Would using Par5e work for this as well?

Using the headers from that, to quickly format it in a way wanted.

Still learning it but looking at it for a way to get my data in quickly than just OCR books.

Moon Wizard
April 27th, 2015, 22:39
It's only one deep in the windowclass as designed. You could make a ruleset modification or extension to add windowclasses with deeper nesting.

Cheers,
JPG

Loucifer
April 28th, 2015, 15:29
Excerpts of XML from module. You can see that the initial link points to a windowclass called reference_colindex that is available only with the 5E ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

Would it be possible to get this windowclass into the other rulesets? In my case PF and 3.5.

If so... where do I start?

Moon Wizard
April 29th, 2015, 08:06
For now, you would need to create an extension with that windowclass in it to be loaded in any campaign using your module.

The PFRPG/3.5E rulesets do contain similar lists specifically tailored to armor, weapons and equipment.

Regards,
JPG