PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing through DriveThru RPG

Malakor
April 26th, 2015, 02:18
If I make my purchase for the Full License through DTRPG, does it come with the 5E stuff, or do I need to make the purchase through FG itself? (I'm assuming by what I'm reading that the 5E support is built into the game now, or do you have to buy the extras for class and monsters, regardless?)

Thanks in advance for answers

Nylanfs
April 26th, 2015, 02:50
The rules are built in but the classes and monsters and such are extra.

Malakor
April 26th, 2015, 12:28
The rules are built in but the classes and monsters and such are extra.

Thanks, that helps immensely. The rules are really all I need anyway. I'll either use the credit I have at Drivethru and pick it up to see if the program suits my needs, or subscribe for a couple of months and if it does, by the whole shooting match with the bigger packages.

VenomousFiligree
April 26th, 2015, 12:31
To clarify the mechanics are included with the 5e ruleset, there are no written rules included with the 5e ruleset.

Malakor
April 26th, 2015, 12:37
To clarify the mechanics are included with the 5e ruleset, there are no written rules included with the 5e ruleset.

That's cool, the mechanics are really all I need (I think, I'll have to try the program to see)

Mask_of_winter
April 26th, 2015, 12:41
I think of it as having the character sheet, pen & dice but no rulebook...
FG without the Core Class and Complete Monster Pack just means you have to find an alternate way to have access to the rules (your own hardback). 5e with those packs just saves you a lot of time and speeds up gameplay.

Malakor
April 26th, 2015, 12:42
Well, I'm definitely going to purchase the program, now I have two final questions
1. Does it support multiple monitors? (not a killer if it does not, but definitely a boon if it does)
2. To VenomousFiligree, any chance we will get a ruleset for BOL: Mythic? 'cause, I'd jump all over that

Malakor
April 26th, 2015, 12:43
I think of it as having the character sheet, pen & dice but no rulebook...
FG without the Core Class and Complete Monster Pack just means you have to find an alternate way to have access to the rules (your own hardback). 5e with those packs just saves you a lot of time and speeds up gameplay.

That I can live with. I have the hardbacks right here at my desk and I tend to 'houserule' a few things anyway

VenomousFiligree
April 26th, 2015, 12:49
Yes a ruleset is planned, however I've just been knocked back to square one due to the developer pulling out on me :(

Malakor
April 26th, 2015, 12:54
Yes a ruleset is planned, however I've just been knocked back to square one due to the developer pulling out on me :(

Very sorry to hear that. I look forward to seeing those rules. I have ran BoL based games off and on for a while and really like Mythic Edition, you guys did a great job on it. I'm trying to talk our local group into an ongoing, once a month Western game based off BoL, I did a two-session of it while we waited for one of our DM's to prepare to run 5E on our regular weekly sessions and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

VenomousFiligree
April 26th, 2015, 13:37
Good to hear you're enjoying it! :)

Gooch72
April 26th, 2015, 14:21
1. Does it support multiple monitors? (not a killer if it does not, but definitely a boon if it does

Yes, You have to have the program in a windowed view and stretch it across both monitors.