PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for a game

Batchie70
April 25th, 2015, 20:27
Ive not much experience doing the D&D stuff so Im pretty much starting from scratch.

Im 45 years old and live in Scotland, Work in sub-contract engineering on CNC lathes. Been doing a bit of wargamming over last few years and have decided to give this a go and see how it works.

If you have the patience and want to give me some of your knowledge and help develop me then I will do my utmost to repay you in my gaming

My best times of playing would be in the evenings during the week. Probably between say 19:00 and 22:00 GMT

TIA
Allan

VenomousFiligree
April 25th, 2015, 20:42
Hi Batchie, are you looking for text based or voice based games? I run a 5e D&D game that uses text for in character and voice for out of character, that is likely to need a new player shortly.

Batchie70
April 25th, 2015, 20:48
Text is probably best at moment. My Scottish accent can sometimes cause problems hehe.

But yes that sounds good to me. I have used teamspeak and mumble over the years while playing EVE:Online so a headset is all set up for use if needed.

VenomousFiligree
April 25th, 2015, 20:57
I spent a good part of my life based in Faslane, so I think I have proficiency in Scottish! ;)

PM sent.

DeathTauRus
April 26th, 2015, 14:56
Hi, i'm new here too and would like to find a game to join. my main concerns are when the games are held, at what time and in which timezone?

VenomousFiligree
April 26th, 2015, 15:00
HI DeathTauRus, what timezone are you in and what day(s) do you want to play? FG has players from all around the world, so there's bound to be games somewhere that will fit your requirements.

DeathTauRus
April 27th, 2015, 06:07
i'm in australia atm so gmt+8 i believe, and i'm free on most days except tuesday and friday nights.

damned
April 27th, 2015, 11:59
Hi DeathTauRus games are organised between GMs and players. It is not like a MMORPG or CRPG.
Most games that are run are run between the same group of people each week/fortnight/month etc.
Use the New Posts link at the top of this page https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post regularly and you will see new games being posted.
Sometimes you will join a group and it wont be the right fit and you might try another group.
If that happens to you dont be discouraged - many groups play for many sessions and its important they are all comfortable with each other.
Do you have a preference for a ruleset or a genre?

damned
April 27th, 2015, 11:59
Im also in AUS but on the other side as Im at +10 :)

DeathTauRus
April 27th, 2015, 12:23
well i'm pretty well versed in 4th ed. interested to learn any of the other systems. and very interested if i can find a M&M game, but i'm just about fine with anything~~