PDA

View Full Version : Cannot update 5E DLC purchased through Steam

Ragabash
April 25th, 2015, 17:10
Hello,

I'm a new FG user. I purchased FG on Steam and installed FG (seemingly successfully). I then purchased on Steam also the D&D Complete Core Class pack and the D&D Complete Monster Pack (the two main 5E DLCs), but when I try to update FG to install the new Steam packages, it starts the download (the progress bar progresses for a few minutes), and then I get the following two error messages in succession:

I have tried running the update process three times, always with this result. Could you please assist me with this? Thanks!

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7.

Mask_of_winter
April 25th, 2015, 17:27
Is the Steam dlc box from your FG settings checked?

Trenloe
April 25th, 2015, 18:02
Try switching to "test" mode in the settings tab before running an update. There are some fixes in the test section for issues downloading/updating 5E content.

Moon Wizard
April 25th, 2015, 18:13
I just pushed the new updater to Live mode, so just updating the Live channel will work too.

Cheers,
JPG

Ragabash
April 25th, 2015, 19:11
I just pushed the new updater to Live mode, so just updating the Live channel will work too.

Cheers,
JPG

Running the new updater in Live mode fixed the issue. Thanks!

Ragabash
April 26th, 2015, 01:07
The issue has returned. I believe there was a new update (the update button was red, I pushed it, and the updater downloaded stuff), but it's attempting to download the DLC packs again, and I get the same error messages than before. I don't see the 5E books in my library either when I load a 5E campaign. What should I try at this point? Thanks!

Griogre
April 26th, 2015, 03:12
I'd just try rebooting and re-running the updater manually.

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2015, 05:16
Also, you can send us a picture of your Settings screen (Alt + PrtScrn while Settings dialog open and paste to e-mail) at [email protected]

What we have usually seen is that people have entered the license information in an unexpected fashion. For almost all users, only the first License Key field should have your key (Standard/Full or Ultimate) and the Lite To Full key field should be blank.

Regards,
JPG

Ragabash
April 26th, 2015, 13:06
I've just run another update this morning. It was successful, and it progressed much faster. I can also access the material in my campaign now. Hopefully the issue doesn't happen again. Thanks for the assistance!