PDA

View Full Version : Bug report. Zoomed Opening Screen

Victor
April 25th, 2015, 05:48
I reported this as a feature request quite a while ago. Since then I have mentioned it to quite a few users who all say this is a bug. not a feature request.
When you set your zoom level to anything other than 100% )(I user 175%) and open Fantasy Grounds, the opening screen is larger than the display, and there are no scrollbars to allow access to the buttons along the bottom or the information on the right of the screen.

damned
April 25th, 2015, 07:30
Hi Victor - it is what it is. It looks like when you scale it the minimum window size also scales similarly. The minimum window size is 1024x768 (I believe) and so if you run it at 175% you will need a monitor that has a minimum resolution of 1792x1344.
If your screen resolution is lower than this in any direction you will need to scale it down.

This is unlikely to change before the Unity rewrite which is probably still a year (a number pulled from my rear end) away.

Victor
April 25th, 2015, 10:32
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't running it at a higher resolution so that it all fits on the screen totally defeat the purpose of using the zoom feature?
When past the first opening screen, ie, joining a game, it works as it should, everything is larger. There are no scrollbars, but you can move the windows around to suit. I know the opening screen can not do that. However, in many programs I use, where my resolution is lower than desired, scroll bars appear to help. This is VERY common in install programs, for example. In FG I deal with it by running the settings dialog separately and changing back to 100%, then run Fantasy Grounds in order to check for updates and use any of those buttons along the bottom or right hand portion of the screen.

So I am not a dev, obviously, but since other programs have scrollbars on their intro screen because my resolution is set low, or my dpi is set high, I don't by the fact that this is not solvable. I understand it would be a very low priority, and perhaps not fixed for many iterations, but I think its fixable.

Griogre
April 26th, 2015, 02:51
It's fixable, (barring something very strange about the current code) though the fastest fix would be to prevent the user from selecting a scale factor large enough to obscure any of the launcher window and this would seem to be counter productive for your situation. I think Damned was just saying the developers are at work porting FG to a new graphic engine and are not likely to do any thing to the current graphic engine if it is not a high priority bug fix.

Victor
April 26th, 2015, 04:15
It's fixable, (barring something very strange about the current code) though the fastest fix would be to prevent the user from selecting a scale factor large enough to obscure any of the launcher window and this would seem to be counter productive for your situation. I think Damned was just saying the developers are at work porting FG to a new graphic engine and are not likely to do any thing to the current graphic engine if it is not a high priority bug fix.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.