PDA

View Full Version : Manage characters + accessing Monster Manual

manukosta
April 25th, 2015, 05:03
Ok, so I wanted to make a druid through the Manage characters button. Since he will wildshape a lot, I bought the monster manual to help me figure out what his other forms will be, and play around with stats. However, unless I'm missing something, I don't see the Monster Manual book available while managing characters, only while running a campaign, which I won't be when I decide to be a player. Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks,
Manuel

Trenloe
April 25th, 2015, 05:07
The monster manual contains NPCs which are primarily accessible by the GM through running a campaign.

If you have a full or ultimate license then run up a 5E campaign and create/edit your character in there. Export the character to XML so that you can import it into other campaigns.

damned
April 25th, 2015, 07:36
You might need to launch a second session as a GM and load up the MM in that session so you can check/compare stats. Not as nice but it should work.

Griogre
April 25th, 2015, 23:57
It should be mentioned that the Druid beasts are actually in the Player's Handbook under NPCs just like in the real PH Apendice D. It only shows the starting beasts, familiars, etc so you will need the MM for higher than 1st level characters.