PDA

View Full Version : Really weird connection problem

RuleofThree
April 25th, 2015, 02:52
So I am able to create a table on Fantasy Grounds, and have everyone outside of my LAN connect, but anyone that is on my Network is unable to connect to the game at all. I have Port 1802 opened up on the host computer

damned
April 25th, 2015, 02:58
You need to also forward port 1802 on your router to your local computer on the same port.
You may be able to do this with UPnP or you may have to define the rule specifically.
Shout if you get stuck.

RuleofThree
April 25th, 2015, 03:06
That's the confusing part. If I set it up to port forward on my router's IP, (192.168.x.x), and attempt a connection test, it fails every time.

damned
April 25th, 2015, 03:20
ive got 20mins to help you right now - sending you a PM.

Moon Wizard
April 25th, 2015, 09:28
Players on your local network must use the internal IP address. They can't use the alias which is for people connecting over the Internet.

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 25th, 2015, 11:51
The OPs 2nd PC has a networking issue. Other devices are working ok.

RuleofThree
April 25th, 2015, 18:15
Yea. I still can't figure it out for the life of me, but the issue is one computer not communication to another for some reason.

Griogre
April 26th, 2015, 03:06
I saw something like that where for some reason the DHCP server didn't work right - something was wrong with the range of address - so a local number was being shared by two devices.

RuleofThree
April 26th, 2015, 03:42
I noticed that the DHCP is assigning machines multiples IPs, I'm just unsure of how to fix it yet

damned
April 26th, 2015, 05:41
I noticed that the DHCP is assigning machines multiples IPs, I'm just unsure of how to fix it yet

You are getting multiple IPs for the same machine because you have connected via both WiFi and LAN. DHCP assigns an IP address to the Adaptor (via MAC address) not to the machine. Because you are using a laptop you have been assigned more than 1 IP address.
You should only ever connect via one or the other at the same time.