PDA

View Full Version : Auto level up?

FSHSchmo
April 25th, 2015, 02:10
I had a few folks level up while running AL games and they told me that with the new official 5e content that when I change the player level that FG should auto add the new features they acquire with their new levels. If this is the case how do I get it to work? Below is a feature line I found on the Deluxe PHB (which I own) -

Automatic addition of new class features when you drag the class link to your character's level summary

damned
April 25th, 2015, 02:43
I believe you just drag the class back on to the Char Sheet - but you MUST drag it from the correct source - eg the same source as you dragged the class the first time or it will multi-class you even though the classes are the same.

FSHSchmo
April 25th, 2015, 02:57
I believe you just drag the class back on to the Char Sheet - but you MUST drag it from the correct source - eg the same source as you dragged the class the first time or it will multi-class you even though the classes are the same.

I think somebody tried this and it just added another class with level 1. Ill toy around with it and confirm.

JeffKnight
April 25th, 2015, 03:34
Yeah, if you drag it from the correct source it adds the level properly.

someoneinatree
April 26th, 2015, 01:21
Questions like this always remind me just how much of FG's design is about balancing the convenience of automation with versatility. Personally, I will always want to manually level up - it helps me familiarise myself with the new options available to me at that level.

viresanimi
April 26th, 2015, 02:19
I tested this and nearly fainted from happiness. This can be a huge time saver.
*hugs everyone in sight*

Vires Animi

FSHSchmo
April 26th, 2015, 04:16
Figured what I was doing wrong. If ya drag the class to the main char page and drop on the front (not after you click the spyglass) it adds the level and new stuff.