PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Five Rings

neonbasschild
April 24th, 2015, 13:00
Ok so I have taken fulengs L5R ruleset and hacked the NPC and character sheet into CoreRPG ruleset. So you actually have a functioning l5r ruleset that will work with current fantasy grounds versions. My only original work was cleaning up the graphics and updating them to L5R 4th Editions looks.

I have also included the l5r calendar, some l5rish tokens, and some extensions that help support the setting and ruleset, such as exploding dice.

All credits go the original authors for the extensions and fuleng for the character sheets.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4qprWdNW-ipbU9KVmdfZ0pIcHM

feldrol
April 26th, 2015, 23:21
Thabk you very much for this, i will try it shortly.

neonbasschild
April 27th, 2015, 00:35
No problem, please let me know any major errors. Be aware there might be small ones when using the character sheet or npc sheet. Like I said it's a hack but it works. Long time ago there was talk about FG having a agreement with AEG, but nothing ever came of it. Of course that doesn't surprise me because AEG has a history of being dumber than **** and never doing anything to support or expand there games reach.

neonbasschild
May 23rd, 2015, 10:43
Alright so me and a couple friends were trying to test this sucker out and the client side does not open up the character sheet. Very annoying but as of right now it does not work.

neonbasschild
May 28th, 2015, 16:09
Alright error has been fixed! Please redownload and it should work fine now.

Actarus
July 11th, 2015, 19:32
Very nice work, thanks you neonbasschild ;)

Seraphim
September 11th, 2015, 20:07
For some reason my players cannot see the dice, and they can't click on any icons.

However, if they create their own game, they have access to all dice and options.

CryAxe
September 11th, 2015, 23:00
Apparently FFG will be acquiring the license for Lot5R, to include the card game and RPG. We might see the FFG SW system replace the existing R&K system, but that's pure speculation.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?765684-FFG-buys-L5R-%28Irwin-x-1%29

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/11/a-new-emperor-rises/

Anyway, happy to use this and hope it continues to receive support. I like the current R&K system.
Downloading this ruleset now. :)
I'll report any problems, should my players or I notice anything like what Seraphim has experienced.

Seraphim
September 11th, 2015, 23:04
Apparently FFG will be acquiring the license for Lot5R, to include the card game and RPG. We might see the FFG SW system replace the existing R&K system, but that's pure speculation.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?765684-FFG-buys-L5R-%28Irwin-x-1%29

Anyway, happy to use this and hope it continues to receive support. I like the current R&K system.
Downloading this ruleset now. :)
I'll report any problems, should my players or I notice anything like what Seraphim has experienced.

If your players don't experience problems I'd like to know as well. If that's the case I know it's on my end and not my players.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2015, 23:14
If your players don't experience problems I'd like to know as well. If that's the case I know it's on my end and not my players.
I can recreate your issue. This appears to be a classic case of the developer doing all the development against a GM instance of FG (it's quicker and easier to do it that way), but not being aware of what is required to make the system work on the player side as well. There's always additional steps in the development cycle where testing with a player instance is required - and frequently against new, blank campaigns to ensure that new code works OK against new data and not old information in a development campaign.

Seraphim
September 11th, 2015, 23:17
I can recreate your issue. This appears to be a classic case of the developer doing all the development against a GM instance of FG (it's quicker and easier to do it that way), but not being aware of what is required to make the system work on the player side as well. There's always additional steps in the development cycle where testing with a player instance is required - and frequently against new, blank campaigns to ensure that new code works OK against new data and not old information in a development campaign.

Thank you Trenloe. I guess all I can do is hope neonbasschild does a revision at this point.:p

Trenloe
September 11th, 2015, 23:18
I guess all I can do is hope neonbasschild does a revision at this point.:p
Looking at their profile the last time they logged in was May 28th. You might try PMing them (they may have setup their profile to send them an email when they get a PM).

CryAxe
September 11th, 2015, 23:24
If you look under his avatar, it says to message him via Skype. Since he is giving those instructions, it might be a more sure way of getting a hold of him.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2015, 23:25
If you look under his avatar, it says to message him via Skype.
Good plan. I didn't spot that.

neonbasschild
December 29th, 2015, 22:51
Hey guys sorry for being gone for so long. I have tried a couple different things and I can't fix the problem with my minor lulu hacking ability. I am going to try a little bit more in a couple of days because my players are also not liking roll20 that we have to fall back on. But at this point we might have to coop someone who knows more about the fantasy grounds system than I do.

I thought I fixed it, but the only way I have to test the players side is by opening the manage characters area to try and simulate a player.

Moon Wizard
December 29th, 2015, 23:16
You can connect as a player by launching a second instance of Fantasy Grounds and entering "localhost" as the server name while joining the game hosted in the first instance.

Cheers,
JPG

neonbasschild
December 29th, 2015, 23:17
Yeah I am going to try that tonight so I can see whats going on a bit better.

neonbasschild
January 3rd, 2016, 04:46
I completely restarted the process in order to try to make a cleaner transition. Right now I have the base sheet working and I will be testing it as soon as I have a free player. If that portion works I will move on to the NPC sheet.

neonbasschild
January 5th, 2016, 14:17
Alright I have finished the rewrite and it functions a lot more smoothly. I also went though and fixed some things that the original didn't have (speak as button, icon on the character sheet, character portrait, close window buttons, ect.)

The file in the original post has been updated on the drive. So just redownload and replace the files.

I did go through and test out on my own machine (had to install 2nd copy of FG.....) and it all works normally for me.

Let me know if you guys have any problems and I will TRY and fix them.

neonbasschild
January 6th, 2016, 03:41
small update today I added the moodlighting ext and the roll and keep dice mechanic to the package. Also updated some other extensions to the most current version.

i3ullseye
February 9th, 2016, 15:41
How does one use the roll/keep? I know there is a RollD extension floating around, which is great at rolling dice, and dropping the lowest X. But it doesn't really do explosions, the option to drop highest, etc....

What does this dice module support? How do you use it?

neonbasschild
February 9th, 2016, 20:53
To use the roll and keep extention you just type in /rnk 7k2 for example. So with that it will roll 7d10 and keep the two highest. The script also handles the exploding dice if you roll a 10. Just be aware that I did not write that extention so any other support than that will have to come from the author. I just packaged it with the ruleset.

AncientArchaic
September 16th, 2016, 07:36
Hm I'm not a 4e fan, having run or played in 2e, 3.0, 3.5 and 5e. I'll raid to see if a similar extension exists for 3.5. Conversion into 5e would do best from 3.5 or prior in my opinion. Downloaded this all the same as I know a lot of sources got published from 4e and if need be I can start work on an unofficial conversion. DriveThruRPG already got me a couple converted sources so that's a start.

neonbasschild
September 16th, 2016, 07:50
This rule set is for legend of the five rings not d&d.

AncientArchaic
September 16th, 2016, 08:59
in that regard how easily does it convert over? at least in terms of book sets?

kaeln
December 3rd, 2016, 15:16
Hi All, I am new to Fantasy Grounds and have installed this mod. I am however somehow lost with the functionality. How to add skill ranks? Is there any roll & keep generator? Thanks in advance for your help!

Guillaume2911
July 13th, 2020, 17:16
Hello All, I'm late to the table here, but I loaded this ruleset into FG but I'm not seeing any clan/class able to be chosen. Does this need to be added separately? Has anyone been able to run it in Unity? I'm getting Font errors... Thanks

vankar
March 6th, 2023, 10:53
This ruleset don't work un Unity, there si a l5r playable ruleset for 1st or 4th?
Thanks