PDA

View Full Version : A Pathfinder Wish List suggestion

cmdisc
April 24th, 2015, 07:14
First off, I'm mentioning this here because I know a lot of folks I play with visit this page, but may not make it over to the Wish List. I mean can you believe that there are people on here that don't even know about that site? Oh wait, that would be me until as of yesterday (thanks Trenloe). :p

I just added a request to the Wish List. It is requesting that the FG devs add something akin to "Custom1", "Custom2", and "Custom3" to the list of standard Conditions, so that targets can be tagged with an empty place-holding condition that allows IFT to make things like Freebooter's Bane work properly.

So if/when you have time, take a look at it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=93997

and feel free to vote or leave a comment.

Victor
April 25th, 2015, 02:04
I just wish they would fix the bugs first.
I also did not know about the feedback site until relatively recently. I guess I should make an account there too.
My big feature suggestion is static hotkeys, so you don't have to spend 5-10 mins every game to set up your hotkeys. That really adds up and if you are like me, they are always the same.
My big bug fix is the unusable zoomed opening screen. Can't get to all the buttons, needs scrollbars.

Trenloe
April 25th, 2015, 05:01
My big feature suggestion is static hotkeys, so you don't have to spend 5-10 mins every game to set up your hotkeys. That really adds up and if you are like me, they are always the same.
Hotkeys are stored on a per campaign basis on your local PC, so if you are joining new campaigns then you will have to set them up each time. If you are joining the same campaign and the hotkeys aren't there then you're either joining with a different player name and/or a different character or your campaign cache is being deleted between games or you're using different computers.

Trenloe
April 25th, 2015, 05:02
I take it you're logging these "bugs" in the house of healing so that the devs are aware of them?

Victor
April 25th, 2015, 05:42
I take it you're logging these "bugs" in the house of healing so that the devs are aware of them?

Nope and thanks, I'll do that. I was told the devs don't read these forums, for suggestions at any rate, by you I believe. Last time I didn't use the separate wish list forum I was chastised for not putting things in the right place and told that that other site is where the devs looked. I did not want to make yet another account just to report bugs and feature requests. I felt I had I already made 3 or 4 accounts just to play PFS and have one at Fantasy Grounds, so why should I have to make another account.
I understand how much easier it is for the devs to have this other site organize the bugs and suggestions. It's a good site, I just didn't want to join in. I"m glad to hear there is a forum on here that I can post a bug to tho. I'll do that.

As far as the suggestion for hotkeys go, I appreciate the explanation, but it was not necessary. Everyone pretty much knows the non user-frienly way it works presently. That's the reason for the suggestion, to make it work differently and made more convenient for us users.

Blackfoot
April 25th, 2015, 07:08
I also did not know about the feedback site until relatively recently. I guess I should make an account there too.
My big bug fix is the unusable zoomed opening screen. Can't get to all the buttons, needs scrollbars.
Victor... I realize you have specific issues that you are working around. Unfortunately, static hotkeys don't really work across different games and character sheets... since your values for your character can all be different. It would be nice if there were a few things that could be automatically rolled by hitting a certain key combo.. like 'advance the combat tracker' or 'roll initiative'.. but other things that get set up into macros.. just wouldn't work since those values are always changing as characters change and advance.

GM BK
April 25th, 2015, 10:35
What if instead of the hotkeys being stored on a per campaign basis, you could create them in "Manage Characters", and they would be a part of your character export? I understand bonuses and such will change so you would have to update them from time to time, but it sure would be nice if i could create them prior to a session.

Victor
April 25th, 2015, 10:51
Yea, I don't buy that either BF. :)
I am getting a lot of 'can't do' attitude on these suggestions. I know all the values change and the characters are on the server, but seriously, I link the same spot on every CS (xml) to the exact same function keys every time. My character, my computer, my copy of FG, how hard could it really be to program that? This seems to me to be precisely the kind of task computers are made for. One could write a script or batch file for it, its so repetitive and simple.
I don't want to downplay the difficulty of the work the Devs do, but it baffles me that this one has baffled them for so long.

Victor
April 25th, 2015, 10:52
What if instead of the hotkeys being stored on a per campaign basis, you could create them in "Manage Characters", and they would be a part of your character export? I understand bonuses and such will change so you would have to update them from time to time, but it sure would be nice if i could create them prior to a session.

Hear Hear!

Trenloe
April 25th, 2015, 13:33
I was told the devs don't read these forums, for suggestions at any rate, by you I believe.
The devs do read the forums. What I told you was that it is possible for them to miss feature requests in all the "chatter" all over the forums and that there was a specific place for suggestions/feature requests - the FG wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ where the devs can keep all feature requests in one place and people can vote on them.

"Bugs" are different from feature requests. A "bug" is the software not working the way it was designed to work. A "feature request" is asking for the software to be changed to support something that it is not designed to do now.

The wishlist is where you put feature requests.

The house of healing is where you log bugs. The devs do check the house of healing more often than other "chatter" threads.

Clarification: the software working the way it is designed, but not working the way users expect it to work is not a bug.

If the devs don't know about bugs, how can they fix them?

I am getting a lot of 'can't do' attitude on these suggestions.
Log your suggestions in the right place, let other people vote on them. The devs will see them and make decisions as to if/when they'll be merged into the development cycle.