PDA

View Full Version : Interest check - Pathfinder GM's and Static Games utilizing FG

JerryRig
April 23rd, 2015, 08:31
*\o/* Reply on this thread only if you have interest in organizing a group around the below static game concept please *\o/*

I'm interested in seeing if anyone else would be interested in forming a system with me for Pathfinder gaming. The basic concept is having a regularly scheduled gaming night that your game will run on. Players can join the game with short notice or utilize a merit system to take available seats at your game up to the player seat limit you have.

This would provide:

The DM: with a likely consistent player base utilizing merit points for attendance that would be useable for priority seating at your game. An example would be if a player played 3 times (in a sliding 4-6 week window period) in your campaign they would have 3 merit points to put against anyone else that showed up to play your game an hour in advance of the game start time. Most merit points have seating priority at your table (and possibly others tables in the DM group ...like mine for example). I've developed a rough merit point system for a game I'm going to run that will have a static night of the week I can go over with anyone who wants a copy of it.

The Player: a consistent game they know runs every say ...Saturday at 6pm. So if there regular game is not going or falls apart they can join yours. If they just want to learn pathfinder gaming they can play in your game with no long term obligation from you or them. If their schedule is dynamic they have a place they can rely upon a regular scheduled game to be run. There is a lot of modules out there then can be one shot games like Pathfinder Society(PFS) has introduced. There would just not be all the PFS restrictions on character race or class choices, alignments, items etc etc ...
If a player show's up with any regularity to your game they will always earn enough merit points to be a lock for the seat they had from the previous sessions and maintain continuity with the group and its goals. Regular players get all they are looking for as in any campaign, Walk-in's from people who dont always know their schedule have a good chance of dropping in and filling a seat if a player is absent and getting their "Gaming Fix".

The left and right limits of your game are yours to place ...we just agree as DM to provide a static game on a particular night at a regular interval and give merit priority to seating at our Virtual Tabletop (VTT) game based on attendance at our VTT tables that belong to our group we would create.

If anyone other DM's out there would care to visit this idea further please feel free to reply or contact me via a private message(PM).