PDA

View Full Version : anyone else having trouble updating?

AKABigBlack
April 23rd, 2015, 02:26
trying to update FG and i get the following:

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2015, 02:47
That error means that the updated can't reach the Internet. It's usually related to the FG updated being blocked by the AV/security software or the operating system (windows Firewall).

Regards,
JPG

AKABigBlack
April 23rd, 2015, 02:49
firewall was the culprit! now this is a new one...

AKABigBlack
April 23rd, 2015, 02:54
closing the program and starting it again seemed to take care of this one.

Tyranthraxus
April 23rd, 2015, 14:02
Hi Im trying to update for the first time and keep getting this error

Handlefile: Unable to save file (modules/3.5E-magicitems.mod)

What do i need to do/change?

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 14:35

What operating system?
Did you install as an Admin user?
What user are you logged in as now? Is it the same user?

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2015, 15:24

This thread might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23827-Error-installing-base-modules-new-install&highlight=Data+directory+unable

Tyranthraxus
April 24th, 2015, 00:23
Am running Wind 7 64
Bought FG via Steam, then paid the 4 bucks a month sub.

Entered the second key just below the first one Steam gave me.

Put in my login details and password. That all seems good.

Look at my Data Directory: I see this:
C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy GroundsNŠAàNŠAàGƒ/èÝ)²CŒ=Cí)âCí)âCGƒXŸÈD i

I have no idea what those characters after Fantasy Grounds are but every time I delete them, they appear again when I click on Settings. If delete them it seems to update okay, but again they appear again next time I click on settings to check.

damned
April 24th, 2015, 00:56
You should only have one key entered I believe.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/fg-update-settings.jpg

damned
April 24th, 2015, 00:58
There is also an update 3.0.13 coming out within a couple of days that has some fixes that might work for you too.
You can always try and switch to DEV slot and this should pick up most of those changes.

Tyranthraxus
April 24th, 2015, 01:02
I give up. Honestly it shouldnt be this hard. Now its downgraded me to the Free version. Ill just cancel the subscription and try again next year.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2015, 01:04
Bought FG via Steam, then paid the 4 bucks a month sub.
Not related to your issue, but... Why have you purchased FG on steam and you're doing the $4 subscription as well? There's no need for the $4 subscription if you purchased the full (GM) license on Steam. You're essentially buying the same product twice.

Tyranthraxus
April 24th, 2015, 01:10
Trenloe: I wanted to use it to play some AL. So I bought the core product and then saw that I needed to subscribe to use the Lost mine/other stuff. So I went the 4 buck method. You saying now I dont need to subscribe?

ddavison
April 24th, 2015, 01:27
Correct. No subscription is required if you already have the full version. You just need to pick the Lost Mine of Phandelver module (or build it yourself). Send your receipt to [email protected] and I'll refund you your sub.

You need to have 1 license key (your original core product license) entered into your settings window. You can email a pic of that to me as well and I'll look it up to make sure it is still active on the site and entered correctly.