PDA

View Full Version : Char Sheet Columns Size Question

danielhalond
April 22nd, 2015, 19:29
Hi,

I don't know if anybody else have already asked this, I tried to find the solution but I couldn't so... I'm sorry if i'm asking an already asked question

My question is about the columns height. The columns width is set to 220 which is fine, I wonder if there is a way to set the height as well, so I can specify a bit more the layout I wanna use. I tried to do it by editing the template_char.xml on

<columns width="220" filldown"true" />

But it seems I can't just specify it like: height="???"

Hopefully you'll understand o.o

I know the english is scrappy, it is not my main language, I'm sorry about that

Thanks for your help! :)

Moon Wizard
April 22nd, 2015, 20:31
There is no setting for column height. The height and width of the list is controlled by the boundaries specified in the list control definition. If the items in the list exceed the area to be displayed by the list control, then the overflow always goes vertically down and the list becomes scrollable.

Regards,
JPG

danielhalond
April 23rd, 2015, 13:08
Thank you for the quick reply, Moon Wizard :)

Actually there is a way to specify the width changing the value of <columns width=, inside the template_char.xml, but this method doesn't work for height, I don't know why unfortunately. The problem I'm having here is because of the height area. It demands me to cover the whole area adding items before moving to the second column, and my character sheet doesn't need that. I could add some useless item just to fill, I know that, that's what I'm doing right now, but I thought maybe someone knew another way around.

Is there a way to edit this list control you mentioned? I need to have a 3-column character sheet, I'm going to post a screenshot

The character sheet used to be like this, when it was 2-columns.

Now it is 3-coluimns which make things a lot easier.

The problem is, where it says "08) Anotações" that field is useless, I just created to fill that gap, otherwise that second column would entirely drop below the field "07) Resistência". I apologize for not being totaly clear on the first post, actualy it helped a lot when you replied. I need to know if there is a way to edit that column height area value so I don't need to create a useless field on the character sheet!

:)

Thanks again (:

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 13:29
I know what you are saying and trying to achieve. I havent seen a way to do it. What you want to do is for cosmetic reasons only - I think you just have to live with it. Sometimes Ive played with the header names (youve started them with numbers - I do this too) until I get the columns balanced nicely - and then I add one more thing and it goes awry again.
Moon_Wizard has said there is no setting for height... youre outta luck - or - you could think of it as being in luck - there is no fix so move on to the next challenge :)

danielhalond
April 23rd, 2015, 14:10
Hello, dammed

Thanks

Indeed, it is just for cosmetic reasons! I wish there was a way to do that. So, before moving to the next challenge, I'd like to ask something related to the "filldown" and "fillwidth". I know it is getting out of the purpose of this post, but... We can change the columns arrangement to fillwidth, that would make it fill every line before going to the next column (please correct me if I'm mistaken). The problem trying to achieve it that way is that if the first item of the second column has more lines than the first item of the first column the layout would be screwed up, like this:

So, my last question about this (untill something change) is: Is there a way to fix it? Is there something in between filldown and fillwidth that I could say "Ok, first you'll fill the width and then fill down etc"?

Thanks for the patience :o

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 14:30
Im afraid you are asking the wrong person. Moon_Wizard is the all knowing all seeing code master here....
In the above example... Id change the numbering and move on :)

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2015, 15:56
Fillwidth and filldown are the only options. See the <columns> section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp

danielhalond
April 23rd, 2015, 15:59
Well, I think that ends the question. Thanks for all the replies :)