PDA

View Full Version : Death Saving Throws not calculating correctly.

lbealsjr
April 22nd, 2015, 19:21
Noticed this during last night's game.

PC has bless on him, using the BLESS effect as in the WIKI which is supposed to give a 1D4 to saving throws.
PC goes down and starts death saving throws
First roll and the 1D4 is not applied.

REFERENCE: PHB - pg 181 Death Saving Throws
Whenever you start your turn with 0 hit points, you must make a special saving throw, called a death saving throw, to determine whether you creep closer to death or hang onto life. Unlike other saving throws, this one isn’t tied to any ability score. You are in the hands of fate now, aided only by spells and features that improve your chances of succeeding on a saving throw. (Emphasis mine)

By the rules if a bless is active or if you had a +1 ring etc it should be added. We just manually adjusted but got to wonder (especially since the default is for auto death saving throws) how many would catch the bug.

damned
April 22nd, 2015, 22:41
Effects are manually created... they are not actually already defined in the ruleset so I dont think the ruleset can look for the effect in this particular circumstance...?

Moon Wizard
April 22nd, 2015, 23:00
I think the issue is that general saving throw effect modifiers are not being applied to death saving throws. I've queued it up for investigation and fix.

Cheers,
JPG