PDA

View Full Version : Module Book Usage

Mavrik6666
April 22nd, 2015, 16:37
Quick Question to see if I am doing anything wrong

I have bought the DD PHB Deluxe... created my character, added all my equipment and spells... and then joined my DM's game - Who doesn't have the PHB, but does have the Basic Rules.... I cant use my PHB, so when I come to change spell in the middle of an adventure after a long rest I don't have access to my spell (Cleric BTW) is this right ?

I cant use the book content I purchased in the adventure ? or am I doing something or is the DM doing something wrong

Moon Wizard
April 22nd, 2015, 18:18
That is correct. Currently, only books owned by the GM can be used in their session.

Please add the request to the wish list in my sig, where I track outstanding community requests.

Regards,
JPG

Nylanfs
April 22nd, 2015, 19:35
In summation, the DM needs to have the modules to use during the game

Mavrik6666
April 23rd, 2015, 09:56
and if you are a player only ... the books you purchased are not usable in a game.... in reality the modules, books are really DM purchases, and the player is spending money they don't need to for PHB or class packs

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 10:21
and if you are a player only ... the books you purchased are not usable in a game.... in reality the modules, books are really DM purchases, and the player is spending money they don't need to for PHB or class packs

I guess it does feels like that.
You can use them offline this way - I know that is not the full solution but having them yourself should allow you to edit and update your character offline...

Mavrik6666
April 23rd, 2015, 13:38
I don't feel its a real issues.. but another one of those, 'it would of been nice to understand' before spending 50$ :)
Do I only play with in a DM'd game, or do I do offline prep and stuff myself.. an important question before spending the money

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 13:42
i bought them even though im unlikely to GM 5e anytime real soon.
there is so much to get your head around sometimes...