PDA

View Full Version : New to FG (Deme Version) and LFG 3.5/5E/WoD

Preacher
April 22nd, 2015, 08:19
Hello everyone,

I am a player who has his roots in DnD3.5, but I've played many games and systems. By no means do I know many game and systems, but I am willing to learn them. FG seems great, giving the VoIP and internet game sessions which allows for many opportunities to learn.

For now I am using the Demo/Free version of FG and would like to test it out. The game systems I know/want to use are:
DnD 3.5 (could do pathfinder but I've never played it)
DnD 5e (Never played but read most of the PHB and DMG for 5E)
WoD (I love this system, although I haven't played much of it and it was mostly Vamps. I don't really know the others that well)

-------------
If a GM is willing to take their time and help explain any other system I am a fast learner and will play the system.

I have most days to play at the moment (Just weekends tend to not be best for me). I am located in Pacific Time (GMT-8) but I am willing to attempt any time of day.

dulux-oz
April 22nd, 2015, 08:34
Hi Preacher, and Welcome!

Not a direct answer to your inquiry, but might I recommend that, as part of your "checking FG out", you watch some of the terrific Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki. Damned has some good ones, and Xorn's are excellent as well, plus quite a few people find mine pretty good too (direct link in my sig), as well as the others.

Start with the CoreRPG ones, because a lot (most?) of the Rulesets these days are built on top of the CoreRPG Ruleset, so learning the basics of it will stand you in excellent stead for the others.

Anyway, have fun, give it a little while to find a game and a GM, and keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here :)

Cheers

damned
April 22nd, 2015, 13:30
Hey Preacher - welcome.
Use the New Posts link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post regularly and apply to games that are posted.
Have fun!