PDA

View Full Version : Effects help - Protection from Evil and Hunter's Mark

manukosta
April 22nd, 2015, 05:33
So can anybody help me with setting up a Protection from Evil effect with Draco's extension and Hunter's Mark? Thanks!

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 05:39
MODERATOR: Moved from the generic community extensions thread to it's own thread.

manukosta
April 22nd, 2015, 06:38
Ok, hunter's mark is actually easy with the extension.

Hunter's Mark;IFT:hunters-mark;DMG:1d6
Targets, Never
Duration 1 hour.

All you have to do is, using the extension, create a hunters-mark condition and then drag it to the foe that's marked, while dragging the effect above for the paladin. The system will check to see if the foe has the hunters-mark, which he does, and then apply +1d6 damage.

manukosta
April 22nd, 2015, 07:15
Ok so for protection from evil, for some reason using the actual term protection-from-evil wasn't working, so I used the term good to represent the spell (as the cleric is good).

This is the effect that I add to the monsters (undead, etc...) in the encounter:
Protection from Evil and Good;IFT:good;DISATK

And for the cleric, I just give him the good condition, 10 minutes, and it's all set.

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2015, 13:08
Ok so for protection from evil, for some reason using the actual term protection-from-evil wasn't working, so I used the term good to represent the spell (as the cleric is good).

This is the effect that I add to the monsters (undead, etc...) in the encounter:
Protection from Evil and Good;IFT:good;DISATK

And for the cleric, I just give him the good condition, 10 minutes, and it's all set.

Yes, although in the post Draco says that protection from evil and good are conditions, they aren't actually in the script so they won't be recognised. I think all of the others mentioned are in there however so both evil and good are there. So you could substitute 'evil' for 'good' in both the effects you have created above and that would work too.

manukosta
April 22nd, 2015, 14:12
Yes, although in the post Draco says that protection from evil and good are conditions, they aren't actually in the script so they won't be recognised. I think all of the others mentioned are in there however so both evil and good are there. So you could substitute 'evil' for 'good' in both the effects you have created above and that would work too.

yeah ideally though one would make a macro to grant disadvantage to all those monster types (aberration undead etc) which would be verified by their monster trait and thus you wouldn't have to drag an effect to the monsters, only the cleric would have an effect, but I have no idea if that's possible.

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2015, 14:23
yeah ideally though one would make a macro to grant disadvantage to all those monster types (aberration undead etc) which would be verified by their monster trait and thus you wouldn't have to drag an effect to the monsters, only the cleric would have an effect, but I have no idea if that's possible.

It isn't. What you are looking for there is a nested IF statement (i.e. IFT: Aberration; IFT: evil). The syntax can't handle nested statements like that. Additionally the amount of code which would have to be written to allow just this one spell to be automated would be pretty impressive. Whilst what you are looking for would be nice it isn't in the functionality at the moment but who knows what the future might hold. In the meantime the solution you have come up with serves quite adequately.

manukosta
April 22nd, 2015, 14:45
It isn't. What you are looking for there is a nested IF statement (i.e. IFT: Aberration; IFT: evil). The syntax can't handle nested statements like that. Additionally the amount of code which would have to be written to allow just this one spell to be automated would be pretty impressive. Whilst what you are looking for would be nice it isn't in the functionality at the moment but who knows what the future might hold. In the meantime the solution you have come up with serves quite adequately.

Yeah, I guess so, thanks for the output! First FG session on Sunday, looking forward to testing all these effects.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 15:46
You could write an extension that would look at the creature type when it was added to the combat tracker and set a particular condition in the effects for that creature if it was of a certain type. However, as Zacchaeus says, this could very quickly get too cumbersome unless you did it just for the protection from evil spell. Even doing that means that you'll have to update the extension pretty much every time a new version of the 5E ruleset is released as the base code will more than likely have changed from the code the extension used. I wrote a similar extension to parse out the alignment of a creature being added to the combat tracker for the Pathfinder ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension I pretty much have to update this every new version of the 3.5E/PF ruleset.

Dracius
December 11th, 2016, 13:45
Since it's been a year I'm inclined to ask: Is it possible to make this spell work correctly now? The default coding when you drag it from the spell book is granting disadvantage to all targets, regardless of type, who attack the player who has the effect:

IFT: (aberration, celestial, elemental, fey, fiend, undead); GRANTDISATK; IMMUNE: charmed, frightened, possessed; (C)

Ignore this. I'm sleep deprived. Just noticed when you add it from the book it doesn't append "TYPE" to it. Added that one missing word and I'm golden now.

IFT: TYPE(aberration, celestial, elemental, fey, fiend, undead); GRANTDISATK; IMMUNE: charmed, frightened, possessed; (C)