PDA

View Full Version : Arrows(20) in Inventory & relationshio to ammo value on Actions tab

iborg001
April 21st, 2015, 23:19
I'm building my first character and a bit confused. Lets say I want my fighter to use a Short Bow. So, in inventory I equip him with the short bow and the Arrows (20), which I assume is a quiver capable of holding 20 arrows? Under the Actions tab, I see Ammo for the arrows, and this appear to be configurable - initially it is set to 0. So, what I don't understand is that if I equip him with the Arrows(20), under ammo it lets me set the number of arrows to any value - even something like 200. So, I'm a bit confused as to why there is apparently no relationship to the item's limitation "Arrows(20)" and the actual quantity of ammo for that on the Actions tab. Is this by design or a bug?

jshauber
April 21st, 2015, 23:31
I am no programmer but it is like that in every rule set I have used in FG. I am guessing it is difficult to set up that relationship.

On the actions tab if you manually enter 20 it will give you 20 check boxes that you tick off as you shoot.

Not ideal but since ammo doesn't really weigh much it won't affect encumbrance and you can adjust the inventory tab manually after the fight if you want.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 00:30
Yeah, it's by design.

In addition, in the 5E ruleset every time you roll an attack with a ranged weapon with ammo set in the entry it will check off one use of the ammo. This functionality is not present in other d20 based rulesets.

jshauber
April 22nd, 2015, 01:51
Yeah, it's by design.

In addition, in the 5E ruleset every time you roll an attack with a ranged weapon with ammo set in the entry it will check off one use of the ammo. This functionality is not present in other d20 based rulesets.

Really? Hadn't noticed that but will look for it next time we play.

Nice feature

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 02:53
Really? Hadn't noticed that but will look for it next time we play.

Nice feature
Yeah, I only noticed it while playing in Talen's AL game the other week. "Hey, someone's checking off my arrows!" ;)

Mavrik6666
April 22nd, 2015, 17:08
We just use 'quiver of arrows' in the inventory , edit out the (20) and let your ammo be the marker for those carried... unless you are really anal about the encumbrance of every arrow :)