PDA

View Full Version : 5E map grid

Skellan
April 21st, 2015, 19:38
Hi folks. Not sure if any of you kind souls could help me with this....

I am using a map without an original grid on it and I was planning on just using the Fantasy Grounds grid, however it comes out rather faint. Is there a way to change the colour of the fantasy grounds grid to make it black or something so it is easier to see?

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2015, 19:43
Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

Skellan
April 21st, 2015, 20:18
Oh well, I will just have to add one with GIMP or something

damned
April 22nd, 2015, 03:02
the grid is done automatically - I think I remember something about it being lighter or darker depending on the image colour average - of course this doesnt always work out. gimp can grid your images pretty easily.

Mistamichal
April 22nd, 2015, 05:00
Hopefully, there's be an option to change grid settings like colour and thickness when they go over to the new engine. It'll take a while though. Luckily, like dammed said, you can put one on.

Here are some overlays that I made to use photoshop. It should work in Gimp, I guess.

Also, for anyone that uses hexes instead of a grid. I worked out through trial and error that you have to adjust the width of your map (in photoshop, Gimp, etc.) to 97%, otherwise the hexes in FG don't line up.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6pPeLy-dHgRfjc4RVFwTUhMbm1nUE85Z3gzUzZxYzl5QzRCX0FkM0k5bH R4allrYjY1dDA&usp=sharing

damned
April 22nd, 2015, 05:38
In GiMP you just go Filter -> Render -> Pattern -> Grid and set it there.
Do it on a new layer and then you can adjust transparency etc on the grid layer.

Skellan
April 22nd, 2015, 13:16
In GiMP you just go Filter -> Render -> Pattern -> Grid and set it there.
Do it on a new layer and then you can adjust transparency etc on the grid layer.

Thank you, I was just puzzling how to do this.

It would be a nice feature for FG to be able to alter the colour of the grid as this is a bit of a long way of doing it. But this works, thanks!

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 13:31
It would be a nice feature for FG to be able to alter the colour of the grid as this is a bit of a long way of doing it. But this works, thanks!
It's on the wishlist, go vote for it! :-)

Skellan
April 22nd, 2015, 13:44
So it is :) The vote is cast