PDA

View Full Version : Trying to understand Lite vs Full (If not a DM)

Kendjin
April 21st, 2015, 19:11
Hello there, I have had a look at the compare and the FAQ, but I am struggling to wrap my head around the differences other than, Full allows you to be DM.

I am more than likely never going to DM a game and my current DM already has a full version, I just wondered is there any benefit to going up to a full version as a player.

Also when you do upgrade, does it change from v3.0.12 Player to v3.0.12 Full ?

Many thanks for your time.

trilvan
April 21st, 2015, 19:25
full also allows you to join more games. With the lite if the DM does not have ultimate you cannot join the game. At least I think that is how it works.

Valarian
April 21st, 2015, 19:28
The Lite license has been discontinued, so you can no longer buy one of these. However, with the old Lite license you can connect to an game run by a GM. You can't run a game yourself, except for a single player demo. If you're never going to run a game, the Lite license is fine.

The full license (now the standard license) allows you to run a game for other players who have licenses themselves. You can add community rulesets and host games. You can also see all of the modules (not just ones for players).

The Ultimate license allows you to run games for unlicensed players, as well as licensed ones.

Nylanfs
April 21st, 2015, 19:46
What Val said, also I believe you can't manage characters locally with a Lite license.

Kendjin
April 21st, 2015, 19:51
Thank you very much for that. Can anyone tell me what the top right corner of the client says when its full? I bought it, but unsure if its worked correctly.

trilvan
April 21st, 2015, 19:53
mine says 3.0.12 Ultimate but I only have the full lics.

Moon Wizard
April 21st, 2015, 19:55
Full licenses are temporarily boosted for a week for the FG Con weekend that just happened. They'll go back to normal GM licenses this week.

Regards,
JPG

Kendjin
April 21st, 2015, 19:56
Thank you Moon Wizard and everyone. You have made me a happy man :D

Trenloe
April 21st, 2015, 20:40
What Val said, also I believe you can't manage characters locally with a Lite license.
You can Manage Characters with lite - that used to be one of the specific pieces of functionality available with lite over free. Now the free allows manage characters as well.

Trenloe
April 21st, 2015, 20:41
Thank you very much for that. Can anyone tell me what the top right corner of the client says when its full?
Once the upgrade to ultimate for FG Con is removed it will say "v3.0.12" that's it, no free, lite or ultimate.