PDA

View Full Version : My PFS Highlights of FG CON 6

Lord Kavos
April 20th, 2015, 04:24
Another FG Con has come & gone...time to post your highlights!

DMING HIGHLIGHT
Wonderful trap - water logged room - one PC triggers the pit trap & falls in - the water in the room bull rushes the party & 3 other PCs fall in too (30 ft drop & poisoned spikes at the bottom - nasty!)

Then the plant creature rocks up & tears a new one on the 2 PCs remaining in the room. The cleric in the pit summons a hound archon to fight the plant - it gets double critted & ripped to shreds in an instant.

Cleric player's comment..."i thought that spell would be more effective than that..."

kwarner1986
April 20th, 2015, 16:29
Oh, you should of seen last night's game that Holognome ran for us. Two Clerics, a Warpriest, a Life Oracle, and a reach fighter (All of us enchanted with Protection from Energy: Fire) vs. The army of Ifrit and Fire Elementals.

Also Rebecca inspired a revolution and declared herself Queen. (Okay, not really Queen, but with her Diplomacy rolls yesterday. I could of declared myself Queen.) Ah, +21 Diplomacy is so refreshing.

Malkavian_Andi
April 20th, 2015, 19:02
yep, that was fun. We had so much healing, nobody could hold their damage too long before someone decided to channel. :)

HoloGnome
April 20th, 2015, 21:01
Yes - last night's game was fun and the party was very interesting - massive amounts of healing, multi-channeling and glowing oracles, all Silver Crusade faction, great party buffs from multiple sources, diplomacy re-rolls, great front-line DPS, great ranged attacks, multiple reach weapons and fun RP. The party absorbed lots of damage, for sure! It was especially interesting to see the daisy-chained "Shield Other" damage reduction strategy and multi-bursted radiance.

LK - yeah - the water trap and plant creature! Haha, and I was overjoyed about the fluffy archon meat shield!! :D

cmdisc
April 21st, 2015, 08:10
I would have to say that Archon did exactly what it needed to do...take the brunt of damage that otherwise would have gone to a PC.

Also let's not forget just who was buffing Rebecca for those Diplomacy rolls. ;)

Victor
April 21st, 2015, 08:20
Well, as a constant cut-up, I have to say one of my favorite moments was in that same mission, where we all had massive fire damage reduction and healing. We entered a room with 2 creatures. One of them rushed us and pretty much got cut in half with Abe's? Glaive (a crit), we blinded the other one, who then cast a fireball spell on all of us in the room. Abe (I think) said, "Everyone scream in pain then go silent!"
Even my non gaming wife thought that was hilarious.

And of course Farnaby ruled the puns in other games, but what's new there? :)

cmdisc
April 21st, 2015, 08:46
Ah yes, it was d1wright's character, Gar. The glaive wielding dwarf. He AoO critted that Ifrit as it tried to rush past him. I saw 2 enemy tokens on the board, blinked, and then saw only 1. Never had an NPC disappear so quickly.

kwarner1986
April 21st, 2015, 11:40
Also let's not forget just who was buffing Rebecca for those Diplomacy rolls. ;)

I shall name you my Vice Queen Katerine

I will also have General Gar go around to my enemies, "Kneel before, Gar!"

It sucks we were a flight spell away from destroying the final boss with little resistance. Note to self, buy a potion of flight.

GM BK
April 24th, 2015, 18:17
Completing the Sharrowsmith series and grappling the BBEG for The Pallid Plague with my 3rd level druid were probably the high points of my weekend. All in all, good times. Can't wait for the next one! :)

Farnaby
April 27th, 2015, 22:17
And of course Farnaby ruled the puns in other games, but what's new there? :)

You mean the "Coup de Lassie"? :p