PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find recent purchases in FG

ColinBuckler
April 18th, 2015, 16:25
Hi,

Just bought the 5e PHB and MM core packs. I cannot see the rule set - or gain acces to the PHB & MM.

The update window does appear to check the packages WOTC5EMPHBDeluxe amd WOTC5EMMDELUXE - but I cannot find them on my installation.

Any ideas?

damned
April 18th, 2015, 16:48
Are you looking for the files in your Explorer window or looking for them in Fantasy Grounds?

These files are stored in an encrypted file/vault in the File System so you wont "see" them there.
In Fantasy Grounds you need to Activate the modules by going to Library and then Modules.

ColinBuckler
April 18th, 2015, 16:57
Both places - I looked in the folders and could not see the files - which would explan why I could not see them.

Also, launched FG and went to Create New Campaign and I cannot see the new Rule Set under there. I was under the impression there would be a new Rule Set entry?

I can see the original 5e that was there but there are no new Data Modules to activate for my purchases.

damned
April 18th, 2015, 17:06
You should have in one of your FG directories - either Data or Program - a content.dat file of several MB or more. This contains the encrypted stuff.

On the splash screen you still choose 5e as the ruleset. You then activate the Modules under Library -> Modules. You will then see content in Libraries and NPCs and maybe other places depending on what you bought.

ColinBuckler
April 18th, 2015, 17:46
Right - I found content.dat and opened that with 7zip - I can navigate within the zip file and find within the "modules" folder the DD MM Monster Manuel and the DD PHB Deluxe folders. These contain what I expect. Obviously the files are password protected so they cannot be extracted. I assume this is as expected.

Within Fantasy Grounds, I create a new "5e" ruleset and get the brown wood style effect background. Clicking on Library (which is empty), and then clicking on Modules I have Calendars, Default Fumble and Critical Hits tables and FG Battle Maps. Nothing resembling the PHB or MM is listed.

Mask_of_winter
April 18th, 2015, 17:54
Did you purchase the modules through Steam? Did you enter your forum username and password in the settings and ran the updater?

ColinBuckler
April 18th, 2015, 18:02
Bought through my login on this web site - not steam. I can see the order and the items when I view the order history on this web site.

damned
April 18th, 2015, 18:08
please re-enter your forum user/pass in the Updater Settings - its possible its not passing it properly.

ColinBuckler
April 18th, 2015, 18:20
Rre-entered username and password - makes no difference.

ColinBuckler
April 18th, 2015, 19:01
RESOLVED

Damned assisted.

It appears to have been related to my upgtade I did a while ago from GM to Ultimate. I had the keys in the wrong way round.....?

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2015, 19:20
Thanks guys.

I just pushed a beta build last night into the Dev mode update channel. (See Settings.) This should deal with extra data in the upgrade key settings field.

Cheers,
JPG