PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v3.0.13

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2015, 08:33
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is specifically to address DLC download issues for the D&D fifth edition DLC.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2015, 08:35
Updates

[UPDATER] Added notification if user login in Settings no longer valid.
[UPDATER] Reduced download overhead for overlapping product files.
[UPDATER] 5E DLC content not accessible if Player to Full license key setting contained unnecessary license key or text. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2015, 08:35
I will be pushing this to Dev channel only, until after FG Con.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
April 18th, 2015, 13:22
I will be pushing this to Dev channel only, until after FG Con.
Thanks M_W. We've asked all GMs and players to be on live for the convention, but some people just want to have the latest functionality and run on test no matter what! ;)

viresanimi
April 18th, 2015, 15:29
... but some people just want to have the latest functionality and run on test no matter what!

Of course!

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2015, 10:37
Updates

[UPDATER] Added warning message if attempting to copy existing product files between old and new vaults finds no files. This is potentially one of the issues we may have been seeing, but this version will tell me for sure. If this ends up being one of the issues we've been seeing, I plan to put in more complete fix.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
April 20th, 2015, 11:32
Updates

[UPDATER] Added warning message if attempting to copy existing product files between old and new vaults finds no files. This is potentially one of the issues we may have been seeing, but this version will tell me for sure. If this ends up being one of the issues we've been seeing, I plan to put in more complete fix.

Regards,
JPG

Sorry Moon, but I'm being particulaly dim today - I don't understand any of that. Could you please explain/elaborate - thanks

Cheers

damned
April 20th, 2015, 14:05
Sorry Moon, but I'm being particulaly dim today - I don't understand any of that. Could you please explain/elaborate - thanks

Cheers

there have been some challenges on some computers in getting all the 5e stuff downloaded/installed. some of the fixes have been unique to these products and so the program hasnt really checked for those things in the past...

dulux-oz
April 20th, 2015, 14:59
there have been some challenges on some computers in getting all the 5e stuff downloaded/installed. some of the fixes have been unique to these products and so the program hasnt really checked for those things in the past...

ooohhhh - ok, thanks damned

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2015, 22:14
Updates

[UPDATER] Change default data folder location to Windows Program Data (for all users) instead of Windows User App Data (for single user). This can still be changed in settings, it just changes default to a location that can be accessed by all users on a machine. This is to prevent situations where an installation by a separate admin user account can prevent access to data when running as a different non-admin user account.

JPG

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2015, 01:05
Updates

[UPDATER] Rebuilt settings dialog
[UPDATER] Removed network logging option

JPG

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2015, 01:06
I'm going to give this a few more days, then push this release. It resolves a number of potential DLC download issues.

Once this version is released, I plan to work on ruleset changes, with a focus on 5E fixes.

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 01:59
Updates

[UPDATER] Rebuilt settings dialog
[UPDATER] Removed network logging option

JPG

Why are you removing this one? Just curious.

Moon Wizard
April 23rd, 2015, 02:40
Due to the way that current logging and network systems work, this creates a huge performance hit. We've had more support incidents generated from having this feature than it has fixed.

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 02:45
Due to the way that current logging and network systems work, this creates a huge performance hit. We've had more support incidents generated from having this feature than it has fixed.

Thats what I was thinking :)