PDA

View Full Version : Princess of the Apocalypse

ShadoWWW
April 16th, 2015, 20:07
Is there an estimated date when we can expect Princes of the Apolocalypse in FG?

acseric
April 16th, 2015, 21:17
I would be interested in HoTDQ and RoT timing as well.

Also, are there any third party adventure modules being developed currently.

Dracones
April 16th, 2015, 21:30
I gotta say that the LMoP module absolutely makes me want to get these other modules as well. Zero GM work to run these things over VTT now. Very well done. Also interested in what you guys can say about the time tables and what module lines you plan on adding.

My only complaint is the modules don't always have all the maps you need for every encounter, because the modules don't have these maps. It would be great if those maps were added or I'd even be willing to pay a couple bucks for a supplement add-on for these maps.

dberkompas
April 16th, 2015, 21:52
Dracones,

You may even want to take a look on some of the cartography sites, as I've seen some people on the Campaign Cartographer forums post their maps, which you could then import yourself (and granted, you'd have to mask them yourself as well).

You may also want to take a look on the Cartographers Guild site.

If you find some freely available, let me know, maybe we could work together to get them masked and in condition to use in a game.

BoomerET

vikingbrad
April 16th, 2015, 22:41
For a minute there I was thinking this was a sequel to Princes of the Apocalypse.

But I guess my Princess is in a different castle.

dberkompas
April 16th, 2015, 22:52
Jeesh, there we go again hijacking threads, my apolgoies.

damned
April 17th, 2015, 02:46
Is there an estimated date when we can expect Princes of the Apolocalypse in FG?

Soon.... I believe it is awaiting Wizards approval...
I might have mis-remembered that though so no lynching if Im wrong.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-12.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Emerald_wind
April 20th, 2015, 04:02
Soon.... I believe it is awaiting Wizards approval...
I might have mis-remembered that though so no lynching if Im wrong.

That would be awesome, I was through Chapter's 1-4 when my computer blew up and I lost it all, so am redoing it, but if it comes out before I'm done, I will DEFINITELY be buying it.

Treegreen
April 20th, 2015, 23:26
I know WoTC mentioned not too long ago that key D&D member was serving Jury Duty and it's kind of messed them up. They're a pretty small team at this point, so if it's someone who makes a lot of the big decisions that could be one reason for the delay.

Fugl
June 10th, 2015, 19:35
Any news here. Now that RoT is in the store. Can we get a date on PotA ?

JohnD
June 10th, 2015, 21:03
I have no insider knowledge but probably under two weeks from now.

epithet
June 10th, 2015, 21:18
Seeing the title, I was hoping for some "Princess of the Apocalypse" powerful yet feminine content, perhaps recalling the artwork of the late, great Frank Frazetta.

Because, you know... I'm a dog.

Trenloe
July 1st, 2015, 22:36
What's this I see?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPOTA

dberkompas
July 1st, 2015, 22:37
Saw it on Twitter, nice!

FSHSchmo
July 1st, 2015, 23:17
What's this I see?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPOTA

I could not pick this up fast enough!

WhtZombie
July 2nd, 2015, 00:27
I could not pick this up fast enough!

DITTO... had to wait until I got back home from work...

epithet
July 2nd, 2015, 01:13
Also worth noting is the release of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EEEPC

nic227
July 2nd, 2015, 02:42
I parsed half of it but couldn't buy the maps knowing that it would be released. thanks so very much

JohnD
July 2nd, 2015, 02:43
Two purchases pending some quiet time by the computer tonight! My 5E game is set for at least the next year now.

OneSidedDie
July 2nd, 2015, 03:11
The only reason I am not buying this right now is because I just spent a month and a half OCRing the whole PotA adventure using my phone to par5e. I also bought some of the high rez maps from Mike Shelly and Seam Macdonald. However, come Out of the Abyss (assuming we are done with PotA), I am skipping par5e in favor of buying your fine pre-made module. The 100+ hours it took me to manually do everything looks awesome and all but ultimately, not worth it when you guys would have done the work for me for the pittance of $35.

Koreapsu
July 2nd, 2015, 03:15
Personally I don't think it's acceptable for a retail module to contain letter tokens for NPCs. It looks poor and hurts immersion.

There are many custom token sites out there, surely the company that made this module for FG could've sourced an artist with the lure of ongoing work.

damned
July 2nd, 2015, 03:56
It is using official Wizards material only. If the MM and the Module didnt have artwork for an Actor then it isnt included...

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 04:14
There are some folks on ENWorld asking people how the first few adventures played on FG. If anyone here has experiences, good or bad, that they want to share for others there, you can have an impact. The link is on the main page of ENWorld in the first few posts.

Koreapsu
July 2nd, 2015, 07:06
It is using official Wizards material only. If the MM and the Module didnt have artwork for an Actor then it isnt included...

Right.

I bought it, but chucking down A's and B's onto a map looks rubbish. If it's wizards fault they need to sort their **** out, parsed books are better than theirs.

There is plenty of artwork available in the print editions that hasn't been included in these modules (MM and PotA). Expecting quality when purchasing something for the second time from a company shouldn't be something that is seen as asking too much.

epithet
July 2nd, 2015, 07:40
Wiz should have a high quality top-down token made at the same time that they have a mini made, and I'm sure that in the fullness of time, they will. Keep in mind, though, that until a few months ago they had no digital strategy at all. Even now, Wiz only provides SmiteWorks with the digital file they sent to the printer. The actual Fantasy Grounds module is put together from the text and artwork by Zeus. Even if SmiteWorks was inclined to add high quality tokens, I would rather they hold off on that for now, since they're still catching up to the physical product releases. As long as it takes to get Wiz to sign off on the finished module now, I would hate to see how much extra time it would take for them to approve every monster token.

These WotC products are being improved and tweaked, with updates rolled out regularly. While there is room for improvement, we're in a much better place with 5e support than we were last year.

What I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable tool that lets you build a token using an interface like a CRPG character creator.

Koreapsu
July 2nd, 2015, 08:02
I'd rather content was released in a finished state rather than the common practice of "we'll patch it in later". I didn't buy the module (that I have also already bought in book form previously) to play it at some later date when tokens are added and it's actually complete. I'm buying it to play now.

Anyone reading other gaming forums should've seen by now the single biggest complaint people have about these official modules on FG is that they've already paid for the print versions, imagine the reaction of these people when finally convinced to purchase a product only to find out the product was rushed, full of errors (did WotC even read it?), and incomplete.

Yeah we can fix it on the fly, but we paid for it (twice) - should we have to then do a repair job?

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 14:20
So what do you use for your tokens when you did your parsed version for something like the assassin token? When you bought the physical version, are you mad that it didn't come with physical miniatures for every NPC and with sufficient quantities? One of the common misconceptions with digital products is that they are somehow cheaper to produce than physical products. The greatest costs for these (physical or digital) is the creative personnel cost to create all the stories, game design, artwork, etc. Just like there is a secondary market for companies to produce physical minis for use with adventure modules, there is a secondary market for artists to make miniature packs that can be used to further enhance your experience. Companies like Fiery Dragon Press, ArcKnight Games or Devin Night Productions all put together mini packs that can fill gaps like these. Whether or not you paid for it twice is up to you.

Mavrik6666
July 2nd, 2015, 14:34
I don't think people can complain when there isn't 'more' in the digital module than the physical, as D says, you wouldn't expect your paper copy to come with tokens and figures. Same with things like the links to the items in the digital module, where there are new items they have a linked picture, where they are DMG items they have a link to the yet to be announced DMG. Very fair .....

But... there are a lot of par5ing spelling errors, and you are kind of asking the community to proof these documents they are paying for, and report back to you so you can fix and re-update - if this was a physical version (and the prices are comparable) then it would be unacceptable to have errors in the text of a written module, so why would you expect them in one you just paid for . Longer tern you need to spend a little more time on proofing. I know you are playing catch up, but there is a delay between physical release and digitial release ... you would expect that 'holding' time to be in testing and proofing before charging people

merlinpaladin
July 2nd, 2015, 14:39
Ironically you misspelled something in you post. ;)

Zeus
July 2nd, 2015, 14:40
Right.

I bought it, but chucking down A's and B's onto a map looks rubbish. If it's wizards fault they need to sort their **** out, parsed books are better than theirs.

There is plenty of artwork available in the print editions that hasn't been included in these modules (MM and PotA). Expecting quality when purchasing something for the second time from a company shouldn't be something that is seen as asking too much.

If I have missed any relevant artwork that is included in the published rulebooks and adventures from WotC from the digital FG module editions then this is unintentional and please accept my apologies. I work from the digital archives that WotC make available to us and so in most cases the majority of the cases the artwork is readily accessible although it is possible on occasion for specific images to be excluded/missed. Therefore please feel free to contact me directly (via PM) or via the bug thread in the 5E forum to report specific missing images - I will work as quickly as I can to rectify.

Wiz should have a high quality top-down token made at the same time that they have a mini made, and I'm sure that in the fullness of time, they will. Keep in mind, though, that until a few months ago they had no digital strategy at all. Even now, Wiz only provides SmiteWorks with the digital file they sent to the printer. The actual Fantasy Grounds module is put together from the text and artwork by Zeus. Even if SmiteWorks was inclined to add high quality tokens, I would rather they hold off on that for now, since they're still catching up to the physical product releases. As long as it takes to get Wiz to sign off on the finished module now, I would hate to see how much extra time it would take for them to approve every monster token.

These WotC products are being improved and tweaked, with updates rolled out regularly. While there is room for improvement, we're in a much better place with 5e support than we were last year.

What I'm really looking forward to is the inevitable tool that lets you build a token using an interface like a CRPG character creator.

In fairness to WotC the MM contains artwork for the vast majority of the NPCs it includes, there are not very many that are missing (mainly regular beasts). Having said that we include everything they give us and so if more can be made available we will of course update the modules as soon as. I will speak to Doug about it.
For adventures like PotA, again I think that WotC have done a great job - again a great number of the major NPCs/monsters have supporting artwork (and therefore a token), from what I can see the majority of NPCs missing tokens are either minor to the story line or are regular humanoids and therefore perhaps we can simply introduce some generic human character tokens - again I'll have to talk to Doug who will have to talk to WotC.

For token tools I currently use the Photoshop which I find fits all my needs, if your looking for something a little easier and more focused, I might suggest you try TokenTool (https://www.rptools.net/toolbox/token-tool/) (part of RPTools).

I'd rather content was released in a finished state rather than the common practice of "we'll patch it in later". I didn't buy the module (that I have also already bought in book form previously) to play it at some later date when tokens are added and it's actually complete. I'm buying it to play now.

Anyone reading other gaming forums should've seen by now the single biggest complaint people have about these official modules on FG is that they've already paid for the print versions, imagine the reaction of these people when finally convinced to purchase a product only to find out the product was rushed, full of errors (did WotC even read it?), and incomplete.

Yeah we can fix it on the fly, but we paid for it (twice) - should we have to then do a repair job?

Koreapsu I understand your point on missing tokens - I will work with Doug to see if we can get this addressed as quickly as possible. In terms of the product being rushed and full of errors, apologies if this is the case both Doug and I have reviewed the module along with WotC so a little surprised to hear its full of errors. We will of course want to address this as quickly as possible and therefore any support you can provide in terms of identifying and reporting specific problems will be of much value and will help expedite fixes. In terms of the module being incomplete, all I can say is that it is complete and in line with the published hardback book - the issue of missing NPC tokens will be addressed once we get supporting artwork and permission from WotC to do so.

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 14:40
That's fair. We have more room for improvements on catching errors. It does go through a lot of back and forth testing and error handling, but obviously things still slip through. The more difficult ones to test for are the ones where FG doesn't recognize the characters and replaces them with gibberish in-game.

The module actually does have many improvements over the physical books though. For instance, the maps are all scaled up to be usable for play instead of as references. All encounters have the tokens pre-placed on the map and the monster stats are placed in-line instead of requiring you to go look them up in the MM. If you've ever done this yourself, you'll know that it takes a lot of time rescaling the maps just right, making DM and player versions, etc. Pre-linking all the story entries is another long process.

xanstin
July 2nd, 2015, 15:30
While it would be nice, I feel it would be unreasonable to expect Smiteworks to employ an artist to have the rights to make new royalty free tokens which would all then have to go through a corporate approval at wotc and/or have wizards do so with their tiny staff for a support product which they 3rd partied to not have to deal with other than oversight. And to do this at a price which is less than the book. I am sure a big part of our digital cost goes right back to wizards pocket....

I feel you pay for your time with these products. Not having to manually input all the information yourself is well worth every penny as I can't sit there for 80+ hours doing that and still have time to play (assuming you only have the physical book which you then have to scan yourself and or manually type everything as this is the legal route used for example). The only thing that bugs me ;) is the occasional broken link with story or encounter links that open up a blank page and the spelling/transcription errors, but unlike a lot of companies they are receptive and fix these issues quickly with nothing but kind words. I understand completely what they must go through. Its not like they want to put out a product with errors, it seems they are gamers at heart and I am sure they take ownership of their work and take every error personally.

Its easy to pick apart 50 errors that slipped through when there are 10000 possible ones to choose from that are error free and say this is not worth my money, its just not very reasonable....

epithet
July 2nd, 2015, 17:29
What would be great is to have a "bundle" available through the FG store, where you could buy the hardcover and the FG module together. Given that the hardcovers seem to retail for about 30% less than MSRP, I think setting the bundle price at MSRP would be about right. I know you're not currently set up to sell physical products, but you've probably been thinking about selling FG merch in your store anyway, haven't you?

Griogre
July 2nd, 2015, 18:24
When I used Par5e to do the monster manual I used the Fiery Dragon portrait tokens, myself. As I had tokens for all the 4E monsters, I could mostly just use them since there are a lot less monster variation in 5E. For some of the stuff (dumb flump) I had to go back to 3.x tokens. :p

It would be nice if the official MM packs allowed you to put a set of tokens in a folder that would override the ones in the monster pack if there was a token in the folder kinda like the extensions and modules overrides. Personally, I agree its strange that the monster packs have to use letter tokens as filler. Maybe since they are licensed, Smiteworks can get permission to use some of WotC's old art for missing tokens.

Mavrik6666
July 2nd, 2015, 19:22
the irony would of been... if I charged to read my post :)

Dracones
July 2nd, 2015, 20:00
On the errors in the current modules, one thing to keep in mind is they've been playing catchup with the current release of D&D product. So it's a balance between releasing as fast as possible in a market where the hard copy is already out vs getting everything perfect. Since they can update the modules at whim, I think releasing a little early and patching small mistakes was probably the way to go. On future product they should be getting content before release so hopefully that'll take the pressure off.

For module content, I really don't expect them to add in content not already in the official modules. It would be nice if we could buy "enhancement packs" for the modules that alter them with additional maps, tokens, and so on. I wonder if the module code allows for sub-classing them that way. If not that might be something for the future engine so people can sell/give out "mods" that alter and add to the base modules.

Koreapsu
July 2nd, 2015, 20:12
That's a pretty disappointing response from a dev.

So what do you use for your tokens when you did your parsed version for something like the assassin token? When you bought the physical version, are you mad that it didn't come with physical miniatures for every NPC and with sufficient quantities?
No, because this isn't something expected from that product. Having tokens for a VTT product is expected. Having letter tokens is lazy.

One of the common misconceptions with digital products is that they are somehow cheaper to produce than physical products. The greatest costs for these (physical or digital) is the creative personnel cost to create all the stories, game design, artwork, etc.
The creative costs to produce the actual story from absolutely zero is greater than scanning a book and running it through PAR5E. The people creating it for FG are not creating the story in that sense, it's data entry.

Just like there is a secondary market for companies to produce physical minis for use with adventure modules, there is a secondary market for artists to make miniature packs that can be used to further enhance your experience. Companies like Fiery Dragon Press, ArcKnight Games or Devin Night Productions all put together mini packs that can fill gaps like these.
Right and I have paid for almost every pack out there. I have had custom jobs done by Devin Night regularly over the past few years, and I know these tokens can be commercially licensed - which is what should be happening here instead of using letter tokens for what amounts to the key NPCs in this story.

Whether or not you paid for it twice is up to you.
Just the attitude that is denounced on every other forum in regard to FG having the rights to WotC products.

Look you can go two ways with it. Get all bent out of shape and bury your head in the sand that someone dared criticize a product, or acknowledge the fact that a paying customer of many years has issues with the quality of products being released now, and see if solutions can be worked out for further releases. That's your call. Your choice will ultimately decide the $$ in your wallet.

Koreapsu
July 2nd, 2015, 20:24
If I have missed any relevant artwork that is included in the published rulebooks and adventures from WotC from the digital FG module editions then this is unintentional and please accept my apologies. I work from the digital archives that WotC make available to us and so in most cases the majority of the cases the artwork is readily accessible although it is possible on occasion for specific images to be excluded/missed. Therefore please feel free to contact me directly (via PM) or via the bug thread in the 5E forum to report specific missing images - I will work as quickly as I can to rectify.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm happy to send a PM of the errors I've noticed.

I know Raymond Gaustadnes (https://www.rpgartkits.com/) commercially licenses all his tokens for around $200 - couldn't these or something he creates be used in future modules? Then the modules would have hires top down tokens for all NPCs. Just an idea.

Zeus
July 2nd, 2015, 21:06
Thanks for the reply.

I'm happy to send a PM of the errors I've noticed.

I know Raymond Gaustadnes (https://www.rpgartkits.com/) commercially licenses all his tokens for around $200 - couldn't these or something he creates be used in future modules? Then the modules would have hires top down tokens for all NPCs. Just an idea.

Its not our call Koreapsu as the intellectual property rights for these products belongs to WotC. The brand marketing and artwork style that can be used with these products is very specific and requires prior approval. Having said that I am a big fan of Raymond's work and look forward to possibly working with him in the future for future products.

epithet
July 2nd, 2015, 21:28
Zeus, I see you list the DMG as completed, while your current project is a "Magic Items & Parcel Generator." Will that be a stand-alone tool, or included with the DMG?

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2015, 23:01
I know Raymond Gaustadnes (https://www.rpgartkits.com/) commercially licenses all his tokens for around $200 - couldn't these or something he creates be used in future modules?
Are you aware that Fantasy Grounds comes with his tokens as token modules for free? Creatures, Characters and Monsters - in top/down transparent background and pog format.

As Zeus says, it's not FG's call as to whether to add more non-WotC sourced/approved artwork/tokens into the WotC modules. But you, as a user in your own campaign, can use the free Raymond tokens in your WotC modules - just a quick drag/drop to change a letter token to one of Raymond's tokens in an NPC or encounter record, before you add the NPC/encounter to the combat tracker, and off you go.

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 23:16
If you want to call it lazy, that's fine. I disagree since I know how much work we put into it. You can override the tokens on the maps by dragging over a single token to the encounter before you hit the button to place them on the map using any tokens that you've purchased, built or acquired from elsewhere.

When you license products commercially, you can't just do what you want with it. There is a very specific art direction with D&D that is specific to *this* version of D&D. In addition to the cost to create or license new artwork, it would have to go through another approval process which would also have to be managed and take additional time and oversight.

Smiteworks is not in the business of creating content. We license stuff and let other content creator's works shine. For tokens, some people like the top-down style, some like the style in FDP tokens. The same holds true for maps. Not every encounter provides a map. There are some publishers that we have who do great work but include almost no maps at all. We include screenshots that even show the letter tokens in a few cases. You already know that it is this way. If you are looking for a reason not to buy it or not to buy it at a certain price, then that is up to you.

ddavison
July 2nd, 2015, 23:18
Raymond's tokens cost us $2,000 to commercially license and give to all our FG users as a free upgrade. I think there are significant limitations to the $200 option.

Koreapsu
July 3rd, 2015, 02:02
As I said I have already purchased the product.

It seems feedback is only welcome if it's resoundingly positive. That's fine, I'll keep it in mind.

Treegreen
July 3rd, 2015, 02:26

It seems feedback is only welcome if it's resoundingly positive. That's fine, I'll keep it in mind.

I don't get that impression from them at all. They've offered a solution to your suggestion and they've explained why the problem isn't an easy one to fix. It's obviously not as simple as getting a license for tokens and then dropping them into the official WoTC stuff.

damned
July 3rd, 2015, 04:16

Feedback is all quite obviously listened to. SmiteWorks have a different view to yours. That doesnt mean they havent listened. It looks like they have listened and have explained their position. Your view/complaint is quite reasonable but then so is the response. The product is an important product of the IP holders and the art is a very big part of that.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2015, 06:02
I think all you need to do to see how open SmiteWorks are about "something's broken" is to look at the dev responses (Zeus and Moon Wizard) to the issues raised in the 5E bug thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out). The devs respond and thank people for their feedback - many of that feedback could be construed as less than positive but the devs all take it on board. The devs have responded to your feedback and given you reasons why they can't do what you request. Just because they haven't thanked you profusely and gone against the agreements with Wizards to do what you want doesn't mean that your feedback isn't welcome, it's just that they can't implement what you want.

GBE300
July 4th, 2015, 00:02
I've spent the last 4 weeks parsing and putting together POTA within my campaign in FG. I've changed a lot of maps, encounters and even story elements to fit my campaign. I've added in a fair amount of history and breadcrumbs as well.

The feedback in here is quite negative considering how much work and energy the Devs put into the site and getting content released for it with WoTC. If you're not happy, then add the content yourself. Since when was a DM's job supposed to be easy and a few rolls (clicks) and you have an adventure from lvl 1 - 20 ? Releax and stop being so damned demanding. You can always enter all this in yourself from your book purchase by typing it manually and guess what its free so no double costs. As someone that still has and used old pewter figurines, $80 box sets for maps and lore and almost all the source books in the 80s-90s, the prices here and the options we have are amazing.

Thanks guys for your hard (and some times thankless) work on getting this content available for us. I'll be buying my second copy from you today to help re-enforce what I have already done and I'll be looking forward to more content being released soon.

Baron Von Mandrick
July 4th, 2015, 01:31
I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel like I have to add my two cents. I love the PotA. I understand that people don't want numbers and letters a tokens. But even if that were valid, it's only minimally valid, because in a token in general there aren't super detailed portraits like the character portrait or anything like that. All a token has to do is occupy a spot on the map. There should be enough different ones so that they don't all looks the same. Numbers and letters fill that void. Sure it would be great to have glorious pieces of art as a token but it is by no means necessary.

The Devs seemed to have been very patient and thorough in their explanations. I haven't played all the way through. I just started so I don't know everything about it. But in all of the issues I've faced and seen on these boards the folks at fantasy grounds and community at large seems to have gone out of their way to be supportive, and helpful in all kinds of ways to make the experience fun for the users. I have to tip my hat to the customer service for everyone at fantasy grounds. In my own personal experience as well as what I've read on these boards, it's been sensational. In fact it was the great customer service that inspired me to buy PotA

I'm impressed.

epithet
July 4th, 2015, 02:14
Echoing the Baron, I too appreciate the fact that we all have direct access to the SmiteWorks team, and that they are all responsive to our feedback. Now if they would just fix my dice...

jh79
May 23rd, 2019, 20:34
Hey everyone, I haven't been here in some years (since 2015 I believe) but I just supported the Unity project as an old Ultimate member, and very much looking forward to getting going with that again. I don't mean to necro this old thread but it does kinda fit in with the theme of my question below.

I noticed Princes of the Apocalypse was on sale and bought that today too (I used to parse everything, Core books, modules, etc... but with little times these days thought I'd save me a ton of man hours).

The module looks great! I love it except one small gripe; I'm kinda an art junkie and like to immerse players with artwork as I go through the story under the story button. I noticed the story parts under the Story button don't contain the artwork picture links under the encounters or parcels (little red dragon head for artwork) directly linked to each story part for easy access (i.e - the Minotaur encounter 5.04.17 F17. Ancient Conjury) - (the artwork of the Minotaur fighting a warrior is missing, the encounter is there and in other story parts there are parcels as well but no artwork links?)

I was able to unlock that story part 5.04.17 F17. Ancient Conjury and drag in the artwork under the encounter link so the image is there to quickly show players when we get to it but I was kinda expecting them to already be there so I would have zero prep work with a bought module. Am I wrong in assuming the art links should be part of the story parts as they are in the book and PDF?

Otherwise I'd have to go to the module in the library and dig through the images tab with each story part and find the right image which would be an immersion breaker and time consuming and frankly something I don't want to dig through for each story part (yes, I could use the search bar but maybe the images are not named appropriately or maybe I would assume a different search term - searching is still time consuming when an easy link click of a button already in the story part would get me to it in no time). I like the pace to be pretty quick to get more gaming in. Are all the FG modules like this with no artwork directly linked to the story parts? Since this is the first module I have bought (I have bought the Core rulebooks) any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2019, 21:15
NPC Artwork (if there is any) is linked in the Notes of the NPC.

Links to artwork generally follows the paper version of the adventure. So if there is an image associated with a story then there will be a link to the artwork in that story.

EDIT: I should probably have looked at the module before I answered. The artwork that you are looking for is actually linked at F14 - Zegdar's Lair in the reference manual. But there should also be a link in the story too. I'll make a note to fix that.

jh79
May 23rd, 2019, 21:22
"Links to artwork generally follows the paper version of the adventure. So if there is an image associated with a story then there will be a link to the artwork in that story."

This does not seem to be the case in the module I bought. So you're saying this isn't the norm? Do you have the module I'm referring to? Thanks.

Trenloe
May 23rd, 2019, 21:43
This does not seem to be the case in the module I bought. So you're saying this isn't the norm? Do you have the module I'm referring to? Thanks.
I can see lots of artwork linked throughout story entries.

The one you specifically refer to appears to be more of an oversight than deviating from the norm.

If you find any artwork links that is missing, then please detail of each occurrence in a post in the official bug thread (sticky at the stop of the 5E sub forum) and I'm sure the relevant developer will take a look.

jh79
May 24th, 2019, 01:14
Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident in this module and hopefully it is deviating from the norm, I really want to buy more in the future. I went ahead and went through the whole Princes of the Apocalypse. Here is the link to what is missing as far as art links in the story parts if anyone wants a guide on what is missing so they can add it themselves.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49201-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-5)&p=438961#post438961

From your responses though I take it this is not the norm and the art is included in story entries in most cases. Thanks for the replies.