PDA

View Full Version : New To Fantasy Grounds

Bluezz
April 16th, 2015, 04:12
Hello my follow Fantasy Grounds Players
Just got the game through Stream never played dnd or used this program but i would love to learn it.
I have 0 exp in dnd but had watch some stuff on youtube.
Try to join people at my local gaming store but there group are full so i was out of luck there
i would love to learn 5th dnd but i am willing to learn anything atm
i can play on Fridays and weekends.

Thank you and hope to hear anyone soon to help me out

KainVorador
April 16th, 2015, 04:32
Plenty of games floating around/starting up. PM some DM's and see if they bite.

xKrisx
April 16th, 2015, 04:42
Welcome to fantasy grounds. :D. Have you played any other RPG's? There is Pathfinder Society, Pathfinder games, Castles & Crusaders. All are pretty good games. As well as Savage Worlds ang GURPS. But I'd stick with the first ones mentioned. Have you got the D&D basic rules from the FG store? It's a good place to start. As well as read some rule books if you can find them to get to know the game.

Talen
April 16th, 2015, 04:51
If you're interested in learning 5e, we have Adventurers League games running at the FG-Con this weekend and I just calendared a game for 1st level characters on Monday the 27th. You can click the link in my signature to learn more about the Adventurers League and the games that are currently scheduled.

SoldierOfMisfortune
April 16th, 2015, 04:53
Good luck sir. Watch some YouTube vids on building characters, playing them, and remember Role-playing is king. Its not called a Dice and statistic game its called a role-playing game. Become your character and don't always choose the smartest move. choose the move that your character would make lol. If you are a barbarian and someone insults you attack without question. if you are a neutral wizard and someone is getting their skull smashed in and you have the ability to learn a spell or help them learn that spell. If you are an incorrigible thief steal from everyone. It makes the game fun for everyone. even the person you are stealing from!

Bluezz
April 16th, 2015, 04:58
Welcome to fantasy grounds. :D. Have you played any other RPG's? There is Pathfinder Society, Pathfinder games, Castles & Crusaders. All are pretty good games. As well as Savage Worlds ang GURPS. But I'd stick with the first ones mentioned. Have you got the D&D basic rules from the FG store? It's a good place to start. As well as read some rule books if you can find them to get to know the game.

I got the 5th dnd players book, the monster book and the DM book as well but as time when on and i could not play i put them on the shelf mably its time to get them out again

Bluezz
April 16th, 2015, 05:03
Good luck sir. Watch some YouTube vids on building characters, playing them, and remember Role-playing is king. Its not called a Dice and statistic game its called a role-playing game. Become your character and don't always choose the smartest move. choose the move that your character would make lol. If you are a barbarian and someone insults you attack without question. if you are a neutral wizard and someone is getting their skull smashed in and you have the ability to learn a spell or help them learn that spell. If you are an incorrigible thief steal from everyone. It makes the game fun for everyone. even the person you are stealing from!

I Hear you about Character building what i want to make is a dwarf. small but strong, do not really be-leave in magic and just want to kill stuff so i can make a name for myself like troll slayer.
I used to read books like this =D

damned
April 16th, 2015, 05:10
Bluezz stop sitting n the sideline. There are a dozen or more 5e sessions at FG Con 6 and several have your name penciled in!

https://www.fg-con.com/?wysija-page=1&controller=email&action=view&email_id=30

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-7.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

dulux-oz
April 16th, 2015, 05:10
As a general piece of information, check out the various Tutorial Videos on the FG Wiki - damned has made some good ones, as has Xorn, and some people like my own as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig). I would suggest (but then again, I'm biased) starting with mine on the CoreRPG, because a lot of the RPG Rulesets used in FG are built on top of the CoreRPG and so by learning the "basics" of the CoreRPG you set yourself up to know "most" of the others.

Any questions: just ask. We're a friendly bunch here :)

Oh, and Welcome!

Cheers

SoldierOfMisfortune
April 16th, 2015, 05:19
Awesome, Drunken Dwarven Barbarian, High STR, high Con, Med-high dex and choose the Charge or Mage slayer feat at level 4.