PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Flames Spell

Larac
April 15th, 2015, 23:55
Using the D&D Basic Rules so far

Sacred Flames
Pulled it over it just has the Damage not the Save

As it is Save for Nothing, I wanted to add the save with the spell so it used the Char stats.
Seems the logical place for it to be.

But I can not find a way to add it.

If I edit the Action it is just Damage.
If I click the Edit on the Spell it just collapses the Dam away, no edit.

In the end I just remade using the Light Spell but I think there has to be a better way hidden some where?

Looks like as it was not made as an Attack it does not get a Save Box.

I would think many Spells fall under that system, will have to look.

Will add suggestion, that Spells that are not attacks still be allowed a Save box to keep all the data in one place.
As it sets the DC per the caster.

Griogre
April 16th, 2015, 00:20
Larac, I would get the latest update. Because I just dropped Sacred Flame and it worked for me. However I know it didn't work before because I ran a cleric with it.

If you do have a spell that doesn't parse right or is custom, you can add any type effect you want by right clicking on the spell once you have drag and dropped it (or manual created a new action). If you look at the radial menu at 3 o'clock you drag over or right click "Add Action." In the next menu select "Add Cast".

Larac
April 16th, 2015, 00:34
Many Thanks

Looks like it is not in the Basic Set yet, did Update and pulled it over.
No Save but the Add trick works.

Thanks again

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2015, 13:29
This is working for me too. I had a check through some random spells that also have a save and they too are all working for me. It sounds like your data might not be updating properly. Normally I'd suggest deleting the mod in the AppData folder and then update again, thus forcing a complete folder download, but the new 5e stuff is secreted away somewhere so I'm not sure how you would do this.

Oh, and did you manage to solve your spells and critical hit problem?

Karykzen
April 16th, 2015, 17:57
Using the D&D Basic Rules so far

Sacred Flames
Pulled it over it just has the Damage not the Save

As it is Save for Nothing, I wanted to add the save with the spell so it used the Char stats.
Seems the logical place for it to be.

But I can not find a way to add it.

If I edit the Action it is just Damage.
If I click the Edit on the Spell it just collapses the Dam away, no edit.

In the end I just remade using the Light Spell but I think there has to be a better way hidden some where?

Looks like as it was not made as an Attack it does not get a Save Box.

I would think many Spells fall under that system, will have to look.

Will add suggestion, that Spells that are not attacks still be allowed a Save box to keep all the data in one place.
As it sets the DC per the caster.

I used it last night in a game. I expanded the spell with the magnifying glass, targeted my foe, hit the attack button on the spell and the GM would say if the creature made or failed its saving throw. If it failed, I would then click the damage button.

Griogre
April 16th, 2015, 18:15
Many Thanks

Looks like it is not in the Basic Set yet, did Update and pulled it over.

You're welcome. And I double checked and you're right it's not in the Basic Rule - Player module. It works fine from my self-parsed PH but not the Basic rule set. That would suggest a data bug and functioning ruleset.

If you can't figure something out in FG in general, always try drag and dropping or right clicking. With the 5E ruleset I have also found that clicking on magnifying glasses helps find functionality as well.