PDA

View Full Version : Bastion Against the Darkness

Sizzly
April 15th, 2015, 18:12
FG License: You need a full license to participate. I only have a base license.
Game System: D&D 4E - I know it's old but it's the story, eh?

Time Zone: Eastern Time (US)
Day of week and time: Fridays at 1pm. Great for folks who work second or third shift or aren't in the US.
If new game, planned start date: 4/24
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term. There's a ridiculous number of story arcs that can be explored. Which path will you take?

Text or Voice: We'll start with Text only but we could move to voice...
Voice software used: Skype or Google hangout. I'm available on skype at "sizzly

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends upon the story.
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for a full party.
Character starting level & equipment: We're starting at 1st level and moving from there. I have a number of pre generated characters one could use.
Character restrictions: It's story driven. If'n you're interested we can build your character into the world.

Details of your scenario:
Greetings, all!

I'm fairly new to the Fantasy Grounds application but I'm a long time GM. I started with the old red boxed sets and progressed to AD&D. I left D&D for the World of Darkness during the 90's. I've done GMing across a whole whack of genres. I've GM'd DND, Cyberpunk, Rifts, WOD, HOL, and so many others. Over the past bunch of years I've been addicted to miniature wargaming. I've even built a website to let folks chronicle the glory of their toy soldier armies at https://itoysoldiers.com. I'm pretty excited about taking the plunge back into Dungeons and Dragons and especially thrilled about a campaign that involves folks from all over. We can be heroes!

I'm looking to run a story driven campaign. I read a lot. I mean ALOT! Most of it is fantasy or sci-fi and whilst I'm not a writer, I like to think that I can cobble a story together from my brain that's engaging. The World of Darkness concept of "character beginnings" is super important to me so when you sign up for the campaign be prepared to work with me to introduce your character's story to the world we're creating together.

Lastly, the campaign takes a number of elements from the "core" setting provided in the 4E setting. I'm gonna modify a whole whack of things to fit in with my vision of the story line but a bunch will be familiar. I use Realm Works to document the evolving story as well as the "known" element of the world. Your actions will influence the world and the story arc 'cause that's what's important. I have a number of potential Final Outcomes that are in place so whatever way you want to proceed is cool. As I say to my sweetie, "The World is your oyster".

Feel free to contact me at [email protected]. If there's a facet of gaming you'd like to explore then I'm all ears!

I look forward to being your dungeon master for many delightful game sessions.

Rob

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1389

Sizzly
April 15th, 2015, 18:31
Oh, BTW, I'm totally cool with providing a player view license to Realm Works for all players.