PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Players - Princes of the Apocalypse (Dark Sun)

Koreapsu
April 15th, 2015, 06:36
I will be running Princes of the Apocalypse, but set in Athas rather than Faerun.

Once a blue planet teeming with life, Athas has since been stripped of its fertility by the use of corrupting magic known as Defiling Magic, and the decay of its sun. It is a sun-burnt land forsaken by the gods, water, and hope. The natural resources have been depleted and a lack of metal has resulted in the use of wood, obsidian and bone for weapons, tools and other common equipment - metal objects are rare and expensive. In such a harsh and unforgiving land, even the most mundane of creatures has developed strange abilities in response to the constant struggle for survival.

In Athas, death by natural ageing is considered a great achievement, worthy of celebration and reverence.

The campaign will be tough, to reflect the setting. Characters might die from exhaustion or dehydration just as readily as they die from combat. It's a pretty safe bet party members will die, so it's not a campaign for that special snowflake character you've been wanting to play. If you can't handle a character dying, it's probably not the campaign for you.

I have some 5e adapted rules for Dark Sun so we'll have a few new playable races. Most classes are playable (some with alterations) and a version of a psion is also playable.

I plan this to start in 3 weeks time.

Time
Bi-weekly
Time: Sunday 9am GMT/2am PDT/7pm AEST
Duration: 3-4 hours + the occasional marathon session every couple of months.
Style: An average session would be roughly 50% combat, 25% RP, 25% exploration.
Level 1 to level 15.

So there's the pitch. Post here or PM me if you're keen and I'll get to work on setting up the campaign. I'm looking for 4 or 5 players who can reliably make it to most sessions (missing the odd one here and there is no big deal).

KainVorador
April 15th, 2015, 20:35
I'm game. PMing you back.

Koreapsu
April 16th, 2015, 02:15
Still looking for a couple more players.

xKrisx
April 16th, 2015, 03:28
I'm game for this. The twice a week thing is a bit rough but I've wanted to play some Dark Sun.

Koreapsu
April 16th, 2015, 04:34
Bi-weekly. Once every two weeks mate.

xKrisx
April 16th, 2015, 04:43
Yeah, I know. :).. Still interested..

Koreapsu
April 16th, 2015, 04:48
The twice a week thing is a bit rough

Alrighty then!

Tompa
April 16th, 2015, 13:30
I am also interested if there is still some place left...

KainVorador
April 16th, 2015, 21:54
PM'd you. No reply back.

Koreapsu
April 17th, 2015, 00:23
Still looking for the right person or people to fit. We have 4 locked in and will review the others to ensure a good fit. Personality will be the deciding factor.

Psikerlord
April 17th, 2015, 08:53
Still looking for the right person or people to fit. We have 4 locked in and will review the others to ensure a good fit. Personality will be the deciding factor.

Hi Koreapsu,

I'd love to play in this game. Will PM you in a moment. Cheers

damned
April 17th, 2015, 10:47
Psikerlord here is another game with AUS players...
Sorry to crash your thread Koreapsu!