PDA

View Full Version : Is the a list key commands for drawing on images ... ??? HELP PLEASE ...

sukEEt
April 14th, 2015, 20:33
I found that if you hold down shift while you draw, it gives you a straight line, but are there any other commands like this ... for example a diagonal line, or a curve? Any help is well appreciated.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 21:04
Hold down both mouse buttons and with SHIFT you get a square, with ALT you get cone, with CTRL you get a circle. With no keys (just the mouse buttons) you get a straight line with an arrow at the end. Also if the map is in drawing mode you can draw phallic symbols all over the place just by left click and hold. :)

Incidentally the Cone, Circle, Square and arrow are colour keyed to the player who is drawing whatever it is they are drawing.

More information here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images

sukEEt
April 14th, 2015, 21:11
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouth ankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

can you create only the one shape ... it erases it every time i start to make a second ...

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 21:16
can you create only the one shape ... it erases it every time i start to make a second ...

Yes, looks like it erases the previous one.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2015, 21:23
The quick shapes erase each time you make a new one. If you want shapes to stay, use the radial menu to draw them: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Pointers

You can also do freehand drawing by entering the drawing layer: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Drawings

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 21:30
The quick shapes erase each time you make a new one. If you want shapes to stay, use the radial menu to draw them: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Pointers

You can also do freehand drawing by entering the drawing layer: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Drawings

See, this is why it's better to leave these kind of questions to the awesomeness that is Trenloe. I didn't know that the pointer thing even existed. Completely passed me by, and you'd think after playing with this for all these months I would have seen this. :)

sukEEt
April 14th, 2015, 21:58
See, this is why it's better to leave these kind of questions to the awesomeness that is Trenloe. I didn't know that the pointer thing even existed. Completely passed me by, and you'd think after playing with this for all these months I would have seen this. :)

Buh-BOOM!!! Thanks for the help. I wish there was a bit more functionality with the drawing tool, but I guess that would be my only wish. Thanks for a great product! Just curious though, how complicated would it be to add color, diagonal lines, different line sizes, and a curve? It would just be cool to know ... You know?

Trenloe
April 14th, 2015, 22:01
Just curious though, how complicated would it be to add color, diagonal lines, different line sizes, and a curve? It would just be cool to know ... You know?
In the current product this would be very complex. In a future, Unity based product... who knows! ;)

sukEEt
April 14th, 2015, 22:05
Future, meaning ... ? :):):):)

Nylanfs
April 14th, 2015, 23:03
They are in the long process of rewriting the program into the Unity game engine.

sukEEt
April 14th, 2015, 23:05
They are in the long process of rewriting the program into the Unity game engine.

Coolio

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 05:26
I didn't know that the pointer thing even existed. Completely passed me by, and you'd think after playing with this for all these months I would have seen this. :)

Then you obviously haven't watched my Tutorial Videos, have you? :p

Nickademus
April 15th, 2015, 05:53

You made tutorials?

*snicker*

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 06:04
You made tutorials?

*snicker*

Ha ha, very funny.

You realise that if more people knew about the Tutorials and watched them then we'd get less questions here on the forums, don't you?

*mars bar*

Trenloe
April 15th, 2015, 06:05
*mars bar*
Stop it.

sukEEt
April 15th, 2015, 06:16

Acctually I did, quite a long time ago but I have never had the need to draw on a map until I recently bought the Fate Core books and wanted to start running this system on Fantasy Grounds. Also I wasn't sure if the drawing tool had been updated since and i thought it might be quicker here than looking through your videos for just this bit of info. The reason i could easily throw together a character creation table is due to your videos ... Acctually. ;)

Nickademus
April 15th, 2015, 06:31
To be fair, those videos are at a very slow pace. This is great for when someone is just learning as it allows them to absorb more. But for a refresher, it would be nice to have a cheat sheet that contained all the technical tips of the video on a single screen/image. Perhaps at the end of the video or a link to an image in the YouTube description.

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 07:22
Acctually I did, quite a long time ago but I have never had the need to draw on a map until I recently bought the Fate Core books and wanted to start running this system on Fantasy Grounds. Also I wasn't sure if the drawing tool had been updated since and i thought it might be quicker here than looking through your videos for just this bit of info. The reason i could easily throw together a character creation table is due to your videos ... Acctually. ;)

:) That wasn't aimed at you, sukEE, it was aimed (tongue in cheek) at Zacchaeus.

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 07:23
To be fair, those videos are at a very slow pace. This is great for when someone is just learning as it allows them to absorb more. But for a refresher, it would be nice to have a cheat sheet that contained all the technical tips of the video on a single screen/image. Perhaps at the end of the video or a link to an image in the YouTube description.

Not a bad idea - I'll look into it :)

sukEEt
April 15th, 2015, 09:14
:) That wasn't aimed at you, sukEE, it was aimed (tongue in cheek) at Zacchaeus.

I know, just wanted to give you some props on the great videos ... I made all my players watch them too ...

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 09:52
I know, just wanted to give you some props on the great videos ... I made all my players watch them too ...

I assume you and they found them useful?

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2015, 10:09

Yes!, Yes I have which makes it ever more amazing that I would have known, obviously, but then forgot!

sukEEt
April 15th, 2015, 10:10
quite useful, to all of my players as well. you can totally rub this post in other peoples faces if you need to ...

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 10:47
quite useful, to all of my players as well. you can totally rub this post in other peoples faces if you need to ...

I wouldn't do that! I play nice with everyone!!! That's why I'm "admired by all, loved by all. Women want to be with him, and men want to be him."

Just ask the Dulux-Oz International Fan Club And Appreciation Society(TM) - or DOIFCAAS for short. Membership Application Kits are available for those wanting/needing/longing to join.

Oh, did I mention that I was modest as well :p

damned
April 15th, 2015, 11:45
I wouldn't do that! I play nice with everyone!!! That's why I'm "admired by all, loved by all. Women want to be with him, and men want to be him."

Just ask the Dulux-Oz International Fan Club And Appreciation Society(TM) - or DOIFCAAS for short. Membership Application Kits are available for those wanting/needing/longing to join.

Oh, did I mention that I was modest as well :p

Ahhh - I must have an outdated copy of your resume - the one I have doesnt mention Modesty.

cherry ripe

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 11:47
Ahhh - I must have an outdated copy of your resume - the one I have doesnt mention Modesty.

cherry ripe

No, I was too modest to put it in :p

*bounty*

sukEEt
April 15th, 2015, 12:33

cherry ripe

*payday*

Loucifer
April 15th, 2015, 12:49
Wonder when the rest of the GM videos will show up :)

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 14:05
Wonder when the rest of the GM videos will show up :)

As soon as I can get them done - unfortunately, at the moment I'm concentrating primarily on securing my next consulting roll, so I can eat, pay the rent, walk around with some clothes on (now there's a picture you'll never get out of your mind), etc, etc, etc.

It's hard being creative when you've got other... concerns. :(

And on that note: anyone need a decent Senior Project Manager/ICT Consultant? Have passport, will travel! :)

*picnic*