Blog: https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lhcl?Faction-Journal-Card

The items for download https://paizo.com/products/btpy9dgw

Looks good. :)

Nylanfs
April 14th, 2015, 01:30
Awesome! :)

cmdisc
April 14th, 2015, 07:59
These look nice. How do we go about getting a legal card rendered and returned to a player?

xazil
April 14th, 2015, 08:11
About the only way I could think of was that the GM listed what the player was planning to tick on their sheet in the Chronicle and that it was okay'd because it was listed.

Eg something like: "Dark Archive - Recovered named volume"

Then the player would just keep their own copy.

Nylanfs
April 14th, 2015, 14:05
Could make them into a form fillable PDF and the GM checks them digitally signs them and emails to the player.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2015, 15:22
There's not even a space on the card for GM's initials. I would imagine that from an audit perspective, having any gained/checked items listed in the notes section of a chronicle would be good enough. So, players, if you're using these cards going forwards and you gain anything on them during a session, ask your GMs (nicely) to add details to the chronicle sheet - provide them with full details of the object/s gained from the card so they can be entered accurately on the chronicle.

cmdisc
April 14th, 2015, 15:48
Certainly for any game I GM, I welcome you sending me your card along with your most recent Chronicle and XML. I'll gladly make a note for you on the Chronicle I send you regarding goal completion.

Blackfoot
April 14th, 2015, 16:54
There's not even a space on the card for GM's initials. I would imagine that from an audit perspective, having any gained/checked items listed in the notes section of a chronicle would be good enough. So, players, if you're using these cards going forwards and you gain anything on them during a session, ask your GMs (nicely) to add details to the chronicle sheet - provide them with full details of the object/s gained from the card so they can be entered accurately on the chronicle.
From what I can tell, even this is unnecessary. It doesn't really seem like they are too concerned with the audit perspective of it.
There isn't really room on the newer chronicles for this sort of thing... if the player wants to keep track of when they earned the credit, the should find a separate place to do so.
It might be cool to have one with digital checkboxes though.

I'm not sure what prevents 'cheating' or error here.
A player can't have more boxes checked than they have XP/Scenarios/Chronicles... but otherwise the checks don't reference where they came from in any way.
I would assume these can't be applied retroactively... that all games prior to yesterday 'wouldn't count' toward these cards.

Is the GM really involved in any way with keeping track of these things?
if someone wants to cheat, they will cheat. It's life and it happens. If we put lines for a GM to initial, the person could just initial it himself and no one would be the wiser. The next GM won't know if it is an actual GM's initials or not. We are trying to go with the belief that the majority of people will just play nice and use these in the spirit they have been presented - another way to try to immerse the character into the world through accomplishing goals for their faction.

No, they can't be applied retroactively.

HoloGnome
April 14th, 2015, 17:33
I agree with xazil and Trenloe above - I will be noting completion of faction goals on the chronicle and let the player maintain their own faction cards with the chronicle as the reference. It's just another form of a tracking sheet that GMs don't need to sign. The chronicle is the central reference document that contains all important information. if other GMs want to verify, the players can supply the related chronicles. And, since the faction card can be easily falsified, signing or not signing makes no difference. Better to keep it all in one place and reduce GM paperwork.

Blackfoot
April 20th, 2015, 07:09
So.. I'm not sure what Paizo would feel about this... but this seems like a good idea to me...

I pulled out the 'extra' cards and created 7 separate PDFs including the instructions in each... then added checkboxes.
Here is an example.

HoloGnome
April 21st, 2015, 15:31
I plan on using the drawing tools to check them off so they can't accidentally be unchecked by clicking and so that the marks are more visible. Also, the instructions probably don't need to be there. Card only is best, IMO.