PDA

View Full Version : Making sure I read it right on Spell Attacks Ranged

Larac
April 13th, 2015, 23:10
Basic Rules Pack
Pulled Guiding Bolt over for spells, it has Atk: as Ranged +2

As it is a spell it should be Prof. + Casting Stat I thought.
But Only see Melee and Ranged as options.

Easy enough to change but,
FG may want to add for 5e, Spell Ranged Attack, Spell Melee Attack as those are very different from Melee and Ranged Weapon Attacks.

So not really a bug maybe a feature request, or just a note to mention Spell Attack defaults seem to be wrong.
I do think that the framework should match the game so having those as options on Actions would seem to be proper.

If it is in the full package I will move this to a Bug report, please let me know.
Thanks,
Lee

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 00:44
Listed in the Bug section now.
As I could find no attack spells that were correct.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 10:05
FG does in fact handle spell touch and range attacks quite correctly. When you drag a spell into the actions tab for the first time it will not know what the bonus to hit will be since you won't have told FG what ability the spellcasting is tied to. Once you have your first spell in actions you will see a small magnifying class on the bar that says Spells (Cantrips) (or whatever) you will bring up a dialog into which you can input the details of your spellcasters ability. The spell attack rolls will now have changed to any spells in that category and for any new ones you drag in.. Do this for each level of spells and the correct attack rolls will be there for them all.

Not therefore a bug.