PDA

View Full Version : Any easy way to handle druid Battle Wild Shape (circle of the moon)?

aaronjreeves
April 13th, 2015, 19:27
One of the players in my campaign is a circle of the moon druid, and just got her battle form wild shape. Right now, the only one she has access to is the brown bear. I own the PHB deluxe library but the only thing it adds to the character sheet is the self heal for wild shape and not the battle form itself. Is there any way to automate my player becoming the bear? I have the NPC all setup and ready to go but I dont see how to give control of it to the player. Do I have to manually make a full character sheet using all of the values from the NPC sheet? if so, how do I easily/seamlessly change the sheet under my players control to the bear and then back again later? Not to sound whiney but I bought the 50 dollar PHB under the assumption it solved all of these types of problems for me.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2015, 19:34
You have two options to do this:

Create an NPC and share this with the player. Some info on sharing an NPC with a PC here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23349-How-to-manage-(i-e-bring-into-and-out-of-an-encounter)-summoned-creatures
Create a second PC for the player to use.

Either option works well. Use the first if the stats won't change much, use the second if they will change as the PC levels up.

For the second option the player just switches to the second PC - they can have both active at one time and switch between then by double-clicking on the portrait on the desktop, or they can right-click and "release" to temporarily remove the PC from the player's desktop and they can select the other PC record they need from the character activation screen.

Asking questions etc. is good. Don't assume you can't do something until you've got solid feedback from the community to that effect! Keep asking questions - no need to whine just yet! ;)

aaronjreeves
April 13th, 2015, 22:12
Oh awesome thats amazing thank you. Another completely unrelated question: Do you know how I can stop my players from moving each others tokens and spinning them around with the mouse wheel? Thanks again

Nylanfs
April 13th, 2015, 22:24
Right click on the map and lock if I remember right

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 22:26
Right click on the map and lock if I remember right

He means right click on a token that's been placed on the map (not the map itself) and select lock tokens from the menu which pops up.

aaronjreeves
April 17th, 2015, 18:34
That locks their movement though, too, right? Where I have to approve every step they take? It would be nice if I could still give them control over their movement and stuff just not resizing/rotating.

Trenloe
April 17th, 2015, 18:39
That locks their movement though, too, right? Where I have to approve every step they take? It would be nice if I could still give them control over their movement and stuff just not resizing/rotating.
There's not that level of granularity in controlling what players can and can't do - it's all or nothing, otherwise there would be dozens of confusing options to try to cover all possibilities.

Just have a 15d6 lightning bolt drop from the sky whenever a token rotates/resizes "by itself"... ;)

Seriously though - like in any role-playing game, if the players are doing something you don't like, ask them to stop. As the GM you should have some level of control over your players - unless they're all 8 year olds! :D

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2015, 19:41

I think you definitely want to control movement. That way you can activate traps the players haven't found, or trip encounters. If players are all moving around you'll have a much harder time bringing it all back to where it was before the trap/encounter/whatever happened.