PDA

View Full Version : Lfg - 5e

Nickademus
April 12th, 2015, 22:12
So I'm interested in trying 5E. I had a bad experience with 4E that drove me to Pathfinder. But one of the players of my live PF game was an playtester during the development of 5E and he had a lot of good things to say. I don't like the business model WotC took with 4E but that doesn't mean I should judge 5E without playing it.

I'm available Friday and Saturday evenings (EDT) and would like to try a 5E game. If it is as good as my friend told me, I'll be in for the long haul. Being new, I'd prefer a GM that is okay with new players.

SheerANONYMOUS
April 14th, 2015, 01:34
^This guy is awesome. Someone should get him in a game.

Nickademus
April 14th, 2015, 01:41
^This endorsement was not paid for by the Black Mage Foundation for Taking Over the World.

Blahness98
April 14th, 2015, 02:14

I have this guy in a game. Well worth it.

KainVorador
April 14th, 2015, 02:16
Also looking for a 5E game. Let me know if you find one?

kwarner1986
April 14th, 2015, 10:10

Vote for Ryliss!

xKrisx
April 14th, 2015, 22:03
We should find a GM Lol. I'd be down for getting in on this as well.. Fri/Sat works for me as well. I'd love to try 5e if a group gets up and going, let me know.

Malnath
April 14th, 2015, 22:22
Eek, literally just posted about 5e games and then saw this thread. I'd be willing to join in on this, if you'll have me.

Gorhaf
April 14th, 2015, 22:30
If I could throw my hat into the ring that would be awesome. Need some experience with the software so I can get comfortable enough to run Mines of Phandelver.

Pyrex Pickle Blowfish
April 15th, 2015, 02:46
I am looking for a 5e game as well to give it a try if there is room.

Nickademus
April 15th, 2015, 03:02
By the way people, there is no GM here. This isn't a thread for forming a group (unless a GM wants to swoop in and take all the people). I was simply looking to join a group that was already formed or in the process of forming. I'm hoping for an experienced 5E GM that I can learn well from.

dragon1976
April 15th, 2015, 11:52
Vendui'

i'm a old D&D player since 2nd edition i know may way around the game ...yet have not tried 5e yet however im happy to play any character a dm requires for his group and game , and as an old dm i can be of help for new players ( no meta-gaming of course ). I usually play drow wizard or rouge style but having tried all .i'm happy for whatever

plz let me know if there are game available its been awhile and i'm keen to get back into it

Aluve'

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2015, 16:00
So I'm interested in trying 5E. I had a bad experience with 4E that drove me to Pathfinder. But one of the players of my live PF game was an playtester during the development of 5E and he had a lot of good things to say. I don't like the business model WotC took with 4E but that doesn't mean I should judge 5E without playing it.

I'm available Friday and Saturday evenings (EDT) and would like to try a 5E game. If it is as good as my friend told me, I'll be in for the long haul. Being new, I'd prefer a GM that is okay with new players.

So what sort of timezone is EDT? and how does that relate to GMT?

I can DM a game on either Friday or Saturday if you want. It's all ready prepared for six players and it sounds like there are enough of you to fill that up (some could play more than one character).
I have my own TS channel which would be essential for communication.
The module I'd be running is a conversion of a 4e one so if you have played 4e you've probably already played the module. If you haven't then you - er... won't :)
Let me know if you are interested.
Oh, and I don't have an Ultimate license so you'll all need a full version of FG.

krb243
April 15th, 2015, 17:49
I've been a DM/GM for a few decades and have run many RPGs (mostly D&D and its variants (no 4e)). While I haven't DM'd 5e I doubt I'll have much trouble with it and I'd like to give it a try. I've taken a year hiatus from gaming for the first time ever after burn-out and am ready to run a new campaign with a new group.

I have an Ultimate license so FG shouldn't be a problem. I also use Skype. I can take 3 players as I like a 4 player group and my wife plays. I'm also up to running the game twice a week. OK, now for the terms that will defiantly cause disagreement (and road-rash) for some people, but I want to be up front.

Rules Lawyers and chaotic causing personalities need not apply. We need not be friends, but the group will need to cooperate to survive and we all want to have fun.

Only 1 player will play a non-human race. Nothing exotic. 1 each of the 4 main classes...again nothing exotic. If all of this sounds too vanilla or controlling then so be it. After decades of experience I have a good idea of what causes a group to last years in a campaign and one just 1 or a few sessions.

So if I haven't run or pissed you off send me a PM and let's set up a game.

Nickademus
April 15th, 2015, 20:47
So what sort of timezone is EDT? and how does that relate to GMT?

I can DM a game on either Friday or Saturday if you want. It's all ready prepared for six players and it sounds like there are enough of you to fill that up (some could play more than one character).
I have my own TS channel which would be essential for communication.
The module I'd be running is a conversion of a 4e one so if you have played 4e you've probably already played the module. If you haven't then you - er... won't :)
Let me know if you are interested.
Oh, and I don't have an Ultimate license so you'll all need a full version of FG.

EDT is Eastern Standard Time with Daylight Savings adjustment (-4 GMT, -5 GMT when DST ends in November).

It seems there are 6 players in this thread that are looking for a Fri/Sat game:
Nickademus (has Full/Ultimate)
KainVorador
xKrisx
Malnath
Gorhaf
Pyrex Pickle Blowfish

I've not played any 4E so the module would be fresh to me. What game world is it in?

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2015, 20:58
The module is Generic D&D so not set in any particular world. (When I ran it in 4e I set it in the Forgotten Realms)
If you are 4 hours behind me then an evening game would be difficult since it would be very early morning for me, and whilst I don't mind so much I reckon the management (wife) would have some difficulties with me yapping on all night.
I don't know if an earlier start would be suitable, say 6pm or 7pm for me which would make you about 2pm or 3pm or so?
We'd also need to roll up characters. Now I'm not sure if you can roll these up on your own and then import them into FG. All the stuff I did with my group was when they were already logged in to me. I'll need to check up on that.

Edit: yes, re the last point. You can make up characters in the character management screen and then import into the game.

Nickademus
April 15th, 2015, 23:15
I work until 3pm EDT both days. I could do 4pm EDT which would be 8pm (9pm non-DST) for you. We also can do short sessions if you only want to run for 3 hours or so.

The new 5E content is weird. I think you have to have a license of some type to purchase the class packs or core and then you can use the Manage Character to make a character separate from the GM's game.

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2015, 13:03
FG comes with the 5e ruleset built in but in order to create characters you do need to have some additional content. The cheapest of this is to get hold of the free D&D basic rulebook and parse it into FG. Since I have all of the 5e content anyone connecting to me as a player can create a character provided they are connected. If unconnected then they would need to have some content of their own.

Timing wise I don't think this will work and only one other person has responded and he's like you working until 5pm your time and unable to start until it would be midnight my time. I may also have slightly misunderstood what you are looking for. I thought you were looking for a kind of one off thing so you could evaluate 5e, not a regular game. I probably would have difficulty running any more that I run just now; it's just that I had some time this particular weekend - so sorry if I misled you or anyone else.

Nickademus
April 16th, 2015, 22:18
Understandable. Thanks for the offer.