PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Age of Rebellion interest check. (GMT +1 time zone)

Karrth
April 12th, 2015, 19:12
Hello fine people!

I have been a member of these boards for about three years now and I think it's about high time I run a game.

I've been looking long and hard at the new Fantasy Flight Games rules and now that I've had some time to study them I think I can run a test game with them... Provided that there is interest in standing up to the Empire :)

If the test game is something the players like I am hoping to turn this into a campaign but since I have only ever run one game online in FG and that was using text only I just want to see if I'm good enough with my English to actually run a game for others.

Below I will add the actual details:

FG License: I have the Full License so players need at least Lite.
Game System: Star Wars: Age of Rebellion.

Time Zone: GMT +1
Day of week and time: Time and day is not set yet, but I am unable to play Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
Planned start date: I'd like to start some time after FG-con but again we need to figure out a day and a time first.
Planned Frequency: First game will be a one shot but if people like the game it will be a weekly game.
Term: Long term if all goes well.
Text or Voice: Voice preferred.
Voice software used: If possible I'd like to use the FG community Teamspeak otherwise I will have to figure something out.
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 Roleplay and combat. I am very bad with puzzles so don't expect any of those.
Number of Players in game & needed: I'm looking for up to 5 players.
Character starting level & equipment: You will be making standard characters by the book.
Character restrictions: You can make a character out of Star Wars: Age of Rebellion, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire and Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beta.

What I'd like from the players: The only thing I'd really like is the understanding that I've never played the ruleset before and thus I'm not going to be perfect with the rules other than that I'd like to play and have fun, make new friends and hopefully learn a great deal.

Details of your scenario:

The Empire did something that made you take up arms against it, maybe it was the destruction of Alderaan? Or maybe you lost a family member to the purges of the Empire? Or maybe you just like standing up for the little guy. Whatever the reason, you are now part of the Rebel alliance and you have been gathered in a briefing room to hear the detail of your mission. Just as the last of you sit down the officer enters the room.

"At ease.

Approximately 21 hours ago we got a priority one message from one of our undercover agents on the Outer Rim, his mission was to secure the aid of a group of smugglers but it seems he got himself into trouble and he has requested an extraction. We don't know what went wrong but we do know that his extraction is not a priority one level message so we think he might have stumbled across something worthwhile."

The officer brings up a solar system and with a wave of his controller he zooms in on an asteroid belt surrounding the 4th planet and continues "The system is one of the many where there is no life supporting planets but the system stands out in the way that there is plenty of minerals to gather in the asteroids and for this reason the old Republic set up a mining facility there but after the rise of the Empire the facility was abandoned."

"It didn't take long for a private company to buy the place and take over operations, and now the place serves as a refuelling station on the outer rim for smugglers and other shady elements. It was the use of this facility our agent was sent to negotiate..."

"We want you to go there and extract the agent."

------------------

Valarian
April 12th, 2015, 19:32
I'd be interested if on a night I can do. I'm free most evenings from around 8pm UK time to 11pm UK time. Saturdays would probably be the best, seeing as Friday is out.

kaufi1990
April 12th, 2015, 20:10
Hey, I only have the lite version and never played SW RPG before but would love to have a go, most evenings suit me.

KainVorador
April 12th, 2015, 20:52
I'm game for this any weekday after 1600 CST, or any time on the weekends. I have an ultimate license.

Blahness98
April 13th, 2015, 00:26
Depending on the time and date, I might be interested. Been wanting to try out this system for a while now. If it is as good as I hear, I might end up running my own game asfter a while..

Swipht
April 13th, 2015, 00:49
Dibs on the squib with a tensor rifle!

Karrth
April 13th, 2015, 20:10
Good to see some interest!

I'll get a more clear picture of my time table tomorrow, I might even be able to make it Friday if that helps some people out.

Blahness98
April 13th, 2015, 20:39
Make it a Wednesday and you've definitely peaked my interest..

Karrth
April 14th, 2015, 17:03
Right, I've had the time to find out about what days are open for the game, and as it happens only Tuesday is off for the time being.

So far we have had two people come with days:
Valarian Who would like Friday or Saturday
Blahness98 Who has expressed interest if it's a Wednesday.

So, Could everyone else please give me the day that fits them best? I'd like to have this day sorted as fast as we can so that I know for when to have everything ready.

In the same post, please tell me what you'd like to play if you have any idea at this point, of course if this turns into a campaign you will be allowed to adjust or even remake the character if you happen to have made something that you don't like.

kaufi1990
April 14th, 2015, 17:21
Well I dont mind any day apart from saturday as long as we start evening time (after 6pm) or anytime on sunday.

jasonthelamb
April 14th, 2015, 17:28
As I said via PM - Friday or Saturday would work well for me, too.

Valarian
April 14th, 2015, 21:25
I could do other evenings as well. Wednesday could suit. Not Sundays though. Friday or Saturday would be best though.

KainVorador
April 14th, 2015, 23:57
Saturday would be best for me with your time zone. I'm 6 hours behind you, so any time after 10pm GMT +1. 1600 my time, which is about when I get home from work. Or any day or time on the weekend.

Jonkar
April 15th, 2015, 10:33
Hello.

I was wondering, is there still a spot open? I'd love to join as well. New player to the ruleset as well.

I can do monday nights, tuesday nights and friday nights.

Karrth
April 15th, 2015, 18:21
@All Looks like we have most people who can play Friday/Saturday. So I'll set the day to Friday and the time to 9PM (GMT+2)

Please note the fact that I made a mistake with the time conversion, I changed time zone when we hit daylight saving time.

@KainVorador I'm sorry to say that starting at 10PM (or 22:00) is too late for me, I've already chosen a pretty late starting time as it is.

@Jonkar Depending on how many of the others can play at the time I've given we might have room for another brave soul.

Blahness98
April 15th, 2015, 19:59
Looks like I am going to have to bow out then. Good luck with your game.

KainVorador
April 15th, 2015, 20:40
Yea, time just doesn't work for me on a friday. I won't be home from work yet most likely. Saturday or Sunday would have been fine. :/ Ah well. Good luck.

kaufi1990
April 15th, 2015, 21:17
So please correct me if im wrong would that be 7pm for me in UK??? If yes then I will certainly be more then willing to have a go.

Tompa
April 15th, 2015, 21:25
Just noticed the thread, I am also very interested if there is some place left! :-)

I am generally flexible in regard to the playing time slot. Friday 9PM suits me well.

Valarian
April 15th, 2015, 21:32
So please correct me if im wrong would that be 7pm for me in UK??? If yes then I will certainly be more then willing to have a go.
8pm if I read the GM's post correctly. He's saying that he's GMT+2 on summer time. We're GMT+1 for BST atm.

kaufi1990
April 15th, 2015, 21:34
K so thats 8pm that works for me then

Jonkar
April 16th, 2015, 07:52
9 PM is fine for me too!

jasonthelamb
April 17th, 2015, 06:41
Count me in, if you will have me

Karrth
April 20th, 2015, 13:38
Sorry for the silence guys.

I've been spending my weekend trying to get FG to work....

It seems my ISP has the port that FG needs set to closed, and I'm unable to open it on my own so I'll have to get into contact with them and see if they won't open it.

I should have checked that before getting this thread up :-/

I'll continue to work on it though, I'll keep you updated on this matter.

Nylanfs
April 20th, 2015, 15:55
How about Hamachi (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi)

Tompa
April 20th, 2015, 15:59
Evolve is free I think, although not 100% unreliable due to server outage from time to time...

Trenloe
April 20th, 2015, 17:04
More info on possible VPN solutions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20160-Using-a-VPN-Service-Provider-to-get-around-port-forwarding-issues