PDA

View Full Version : Item Drag and Drop Issue

grandslayer
April 12th, 2015, 17:34
Hi Guys!

I'm having issues using the Drag-and-drop functionality from the PHB Deluxe 5e into my player's character sheets, sometimes, when I want to add a new item, weapon or armor into their inventory using drag and drop from the PHB Deluxe into their characters Inventory section, it doesn't add the item into their inventories, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't so I'm not sure what I can do to solve it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2015, 17:40
One possiblity: If you're dragging an item that already exists, it won't add a new item it will increase the quantity in the # column.

If this isn't it, could you provide a screenshot showing the item you're trying to drag and where you're dragging it to? This will help narrow down what the issue might be.

grandslayer
April 12th, 2015, 17:55
Sure, here's a sample:

I'm dragging the Item ( whatever item, in this case I tried a Quarterstaff ) into the Equipment section, Right now for example, is working correctly (after closing the application completely and then re-launching again) , but sometimes, adding an item into the inventory kinda "locks down" and I'm not able to add any item into any sheet ( New character, old character, etc ).

Trenloe
April 12th, 2015, 18:00
Thanks for the screenshot - but what item are you trying to drag that fails? And, exactly, where are you dragging it to?

Trenloe
April 12th, 2015, 18:16
but sometimes, adding an item into the inventory kinda "locks down" and I'm not able to add any item into any sheet ( New character, old character, etc ).
Never seen that before. Does a restart of FG fix it? Does this occur for a GM or a player or both?

grandslayer
April 12th, 2015, 18:23
Ahhhh I was able to replicate the issue, here's what's going on:

The campaign was using, initially , a Par5e basic rules module that I parsed myself, I opened my campaign and switched modules from the basic Par5e basic rules into the PHB Handbook deluxe (via the library icon on the UI, closed the Par5e content and opened the new PHP Deluxe )and then tried to drag and drop items from the Equipment ( any item ) from the PHB into the character's equipment section ( Red Square on the screenshot I posted ) this is when the error happens, any item dragged does not update the inventory.

I have already solved it, I created a new Campaign and I'm using content only from the PHP Deluxe and is not happening again, Thanks a lot for the quick response anyway ! :)

Trenloe
April 12th, 2015, 18:31
Good troubleshooting! :) That's valuable information.