PDA

View Full Version : 5E Conditions module

Trenloe
April 10th, 2015, 23:12
No longer needed in FG 3.1+ as this functionality has been added to the campaign effects window via buttons.

A few people have been confused about effects/conditions (it's easy to get confused with them) and have been asking for drag/drop conditions. Soooo.... here they are!

Load up this module in your 5E campaign and you'll see the list of 5E supported conditions in the campaign effects window - allowing you to drag/drop these to their relevant targets.

v1.0a - 11th April, 2015. Removed duration 1 from all conditions - remember to apply duration as needed once applied to the combat tracker.
v1.0 - 10th April, 2015. 5E v3.0.12 conditions taken from the data_common.lua file in the ruleset.

The condtions are all of the valid conditions from the 5E ruleset, most of which are detailed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Conditions Some of which are valid conditions but don't do anything in terms of ruleset mechanics - so they are basically labels for most day-to-day use. But as they are valid conditions in the ruleset, they can also be used in IF: and IFT: conditional effects: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Special_Components

How to use
Download the module file below and copy it to your <FG Data App>\modules directory.

Open up your 5E campaign and go to Library -> Modules to open up the Data Module Activation screen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Campaign%20Conditions%20%231.jpg

Activate the module (make it available to your players if you want). Then it will be available in the campaign effects list:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Campaign%20Conditions%20%232.jpg

(Previous downloads: 80)

Zeus
April 10th, 2015, 23:35
Coolio. Thanks Trenloe.

El Condoro
April 11th, 2015, 00:04
Are they any different to creating them by simply typing in "Grappled", for example, or are they meant as ready-made list of valid conditions?

In any case, thank you for them - they will make swapping in and out of campaigns and not needing to re-type all the conditions so much easier.

Thegroo
April 11th, 2015, 00:07
Thank you so much

lbealsjr
April 11th, 2015, 00:12
Thanks, that was a minor PITA to have to type them in all for each mod.

heavy3p0
April 11th, 2015, 00:44
Heck yeah! thanks Trenloe!

JohnD
April 11th, 2015, 00:48
Thanks for this.

Aaron
April 11th, 2015, 00:59
This is awesome. Thankyou! I was just thinking I was going to have to learn how to input conditions.

Draca
April 11th, 2015, 01:16
You Sir!

Rock!!

Thank you!

Trenloe
April 11th, 2015, 02:20
Are they any different to creating them by simply typing in "Grappled", for example, or are they meant as ready-made list of valid conditions?
There's no difference to typing them in, they module is just a handy drag-and-drop reference and avoids fat-fingers,

Nylanfs
April 11th, 2015, 03:02
<Player Voice>What's Gurppled?
<GM> Doh!

cas206
April 11th, 2015, 05:28
Sweet! Karma +1.

lacan
April 11th, 2015, 08:58
Thanks for this.

Trenloe
April 11th, 2015, 17:46
Updated module to change default duration to 0 (permanent until removed). Manually adjust the duration as required after applying the condition to the combat tracker.

Mavrik6666
April 11th, 2015, 18:09
top notch... is there a way of showing the effect text too .. or is this just condition effects for the combat tracker, as some of the effect are not tracker based - eg - Frightened, - The creature cant willingly move closer to the source of its fear.

Trenloe
April 11th, 2015, 18:11
top notch... is there a way of showing the effect text too .. or is this just condition effects for the combat tracker, as some of the effect are not tracker based - eg - Frightened, - The creature cant willingly move closer to the source of its fear.
It's just for use in applying the condition as an effect. It's not meant to be a reference as to what the conditions do.

Mavrik6666
April 11th, 2015, 18:31
pity - would be good to have them in one place, save the scurrying about, but cool anyway, - kudos

Larac
April 11th, 2015, 22:18
Is there a way to add a note Icon there that we could fill our self?
Would be helpful when added to the player/monster to have a quick ref note clickable.

If not I can just add to the Listing that is there.

Thanks for the tool it will be most helpful.

Lee

jhall6766
April 12th, 2015, 07:57
Thank You Trenloe...this will definitely come in handy for me..

Trenloe
April 12th, 2015, 17:46
Is there a way to add a note Icon there that we could fill our self?
Not without changing the ruleset itself.

If not I can just add to the Listing that is there.
Be careful with this - when you apply an effect/condition to a creature in the combat tracker the whole text is applied. If you use more than a couple of words as a label then your combat tracker will soon become very cluttered and confusing as you add more conditions/effects during your game. You'll soon find that conditions/effects can be very handy and your group might start using them a lot - keep any labels simple. They should really just be to tell you what has been applied - they shouldn't be trying to tell you the game effect in human terms, they aren't designed to be a library reference, they're designed for game automation.

demonsbane
April 15th, 2015, 23:32
Very good, Trenloe.

casteffens
April 21st, 2015, 06:08
Just came upon this. Thank you for saving me the effort and time!

WhtZombie
April 24th, 2015, 02:41
Has any one worked on the Exhuastion levels... I have two of them but the other I am still trying to figure out how to reduce the speed and health. So here is what I have so far;
Exhaustion_1;DISCHK
Exhaustion_2; "not sure how to reduce speed by 1/2"
Exhaustion_3;DISATK;DISSAV
Exhaustion_4;"not sure how to reduce max health by 1/2"
Exhaustion_5;"not sure how to reduce speed to 0"

Griogre
April 24th, 2015, 03:07
I believe exhaustion is already built into the ruleset, but I don't remember the actual syntax - I think it was all caps then the number?

WhtZombie
April 24th, 2015, 03:31
You are correct Griogre my googlefu was a little rusty. I found the link but even that the speed and health does not appear to be working.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2015, 04:37
I found the link but even that the speed and health does not appear to be working.
Speed and HP cannot currently be adjusted through conditions or effects. You need to do this manually.

Also note, speed is purely an indicator to someone's speed. There is no mechanic in the ruleset that limits your move based on your speed.

Griogre
April 24th, 2015, 09:20
Just have people put in their notes their max HP and put in the reduced HP. I ran a Goodman Games 5E module that had a monster that did save or take exhaustion. Pretty good module actually.

Dazzar
June 23rd, 2015, 02:35
Thanks very Much T

sebim
June 2nd, 2016, 09:05
Hi. Whats the different from this and the built in effects window in FF/5E?

Zacchaeus
June 2nd, 2016, 12:18
Hi. Whats the different from this and the built in effects window in FF/5E?

I think this module has been overtaken by events. When it was written the conditions didn't appear in the conditions box - but now they do. So I don't think you need this module any more.